CRUSH PROBLEM! To anyone who understands a guy's mind better...

Unique5

Ok, so i have this pretty huge crush on this guy. We know each other for slighly more than a year....and he's one of my closest friends around.. So, unlike most girls who are very shy to actually tell their crush how they feel, I told my crush about how I really felt abt him! I dont know where i got the gutts from, but I just did. But the thing is, if he had said a clear cut 'NO', i would have accepted it (although a tiny bit heartbroken) but at least i would have known that he's not interested. But No, he didnt. All he said was "wow, i'm flattered" and that i am the nicest girl he has ever known and then he gave me this tiny lecture abt how he has to focus on studies and that he wouldnt make a good bf. I mean we are still really good friends but all I wanna know is how he really feels abt me and everytime i hint on it in our daily conversations, he seems to turn the topic around. I really think he's the guy with ALMOST everything i could wish for ( nobody's perfect) but he constantly confuses me. Sometimes, when we're chatting he says the sweetest things and flirts a bit but i still dont get what is goin up in his head... I really love the way he is and I really care abt him..so, if u guys could just help me deal with this mini-dilemma...:love:...

StartingOver07
Ok, so i have this pretty huge crush on this guy. We know each other for slighly more than a year....and he's one of my closest friends around.. So, unlike most girls who are very shy to actually tell their crush how they feel, I told my crush about how I really felt abt him! I dont know where i got the gutts from, but I just did. But the thing is, if he had said a clear cut 'NO', i would have accepted it (although a tiny bit heartbroken) but at least i would have known that he's not interested. But No, he didnt. All he said was "wow, i'm flattered" and that i am the nicest girl he has ever known and then he gave me this tiny lecture abt how he has to focus on studies and that he wouldnt make a good bf. I mean we are still really good friends but all I wanna know is how he really feels abt me and everytime i hint on it in our daily conversations, he seems to turn the topic around. I really think he's the guy with ALMOST everything i could wish for ( nobody's perfect) but he constantly confuses me. Sometimes, when we're chatting he says the sweetest things and flirts a bit but i still dont get what is goin up in his head... I really love the way he is and I really care abt him..so, if u guys could just help me deal with this mini-dilemma...:love:...

Seems to me that this *is* a clear-cut "NO,' albeit a kind one. He has said nothing to indicate that your feelings are reciprocated and seems to be trying to maintain a friendship with you. You can either respect this or push for more, in which case, sooner or later he will either give you the more direct 'NO' you say you need or simply pull away. Is that what you want?

Seems to me that this *is* a clear-cut "NO,' albeit a kind one. He has said nothing to indicate that your feelings are reciprocated and seems to be trying to maintain a friendship with you. You can either respect this or push for more, in which case, sooner or later he will either give you the more direct 'NO' you say you need or simply pull away. Is that what you want?

This post is on the money. OP, read everything in bold.

brothermartin

Usually when a woman tells a man about a crush, it says to the man that she is interested in a commitment. For the man that is usually enough to scare him off, but not if he wants to have sex with her. Is just sex an option or do you want a commitment with this guy?

• Author

Well, no i dont want him to push me aside cuz its great being good friends with him. But yeah I just dont understand why he has to 'beat around the bush' for such a simple thing.. and I even told him that its totally ok if it doesnt work out, but he just doesnt seem to admit the fact that its not gonna work...

• Author

:confused:And no..I'm NOT lookin forward to a serious commitment cuz both of us have loadz of other important things to focus on like exams and all. ( I did tell him abt this as well)

• Author

But thnxx guys for clearing things out...i'm just gonna play cool and have a good time with him as long as things last. I suppose thats the best.. :)