is it disrespectful

caringmanforyou

caringmanforyou

is it disrepsectful for my gurl to go to a party on new year's eve and drink with her girlfriends and random guys she doesnt know. She did shots of whiskey and played beer pong. She said one guy hit on her and he ended up passing out on the floor close by her but she cuddled up next to her girlfriend. I could not attend this event. I think my gf drinking more than a couple drinks is disrepectful when im not around, but she has never lied to me before. She is always upfront and honest. Should i be mad

Hmmm... In honesty, it all depends on how she conducted herself while she was there, and how long the two of you have been together.

It sounds like she drank enough to pass out there... and that there were other guys within close proximity. I suppose technically she was sleeping with other guys. I'd say that's enough for me to do the ol' dumperoo.

In the end it's up to you. I'd say stick to what your comfortable with.

torranceshipman

Dude you're harsh! She goes alone, only cause you can't make it, sticks with her girlfriends all night, has some drinks with them (that's generally what happens at parties), tells everyone she is 100% taken and (how this is relevant, I don't know...) some dude who previously hit on her (and was rejected) passed out in her general proximity?

Remember you are dating her, you don't own her! - having some drinks with girlfriends in this day and age is pretty acceptable (-; If it bothers you next time, chain her to the kitchen sink, as that'll stop her showing the audacity to go out n have a (shock, horror!) friendly drink with her female friends.

Tsk, she's so disrespectful. (-; Lol!!!!

I don't think it's disrespectful at all - yet I am wondering what it is that is making you think it might be.

How often do you guys do things appart? And how long have you been together? Also, how old are you? Is she your first gilfriend?

Huh? What is there to be mad at? Because she had a good time without you? I don't get the issue...

Huh? What is there to be mad at? Because she had a good time without you? I don't get the issue...

I truly agree. If you trust her, then you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

I don't think you should be mad at her because she went out and had fun with friends. But her getting totally wasted and being oblivious to her surroundings is morally wrong

LadyLaughter

I agree. If you were my BF I'd break up with YOU for being mad about that. To me it would be a big red flag that you're very controlling.

I don't think you should be upset because your girlfriend went out and had fun with friends. but I would question her judgement of getting wasted and being totally oblivious to her surroundings. to get wasted and have your friends make sure u is ok is one thing, but her friend was passed out on the side of her..

is it disrepsectful for my gurl to go to a party on new year's eve and drink with her girlfriends and random guys she doesnt know. She did shots of whiskey and played beer pong. She said one guy hit on her and he ended up passing out on the floor close by her but she cuddled up next to her girlfriend. I could not attend this event. I think my gf drinking more than a couple drinks is disrepectful when im not around, but she has never lied to me before. She is always upfront and honest. Should i be mad

Nothing to be mad about. These feelings you are having are insecurities toward her. You said so yourself that she is always honest and upfront with you, so you have nothing to be insecure about.

• Author
caringmanforyou

weve been together for two years, she said she wasnt completely wasted just buzzed because she spread her drinks out, she had four girlfriends watch out for her the whole night, i just come from a different cultural background where women dont drink as much as they do in our country. I know she probably didnt feel comfortable sleeping near that guy but she is generally too nice to make a scene but i think it is borderline disrespectful but thanks for helping me see the woman's point of view