Very Important Photo Question, why is it that a female can be attracted to a close up

DateAnalyzer

picture of my face in my Photo, but not attracted to me once she meets me face to face. I was always under the assumption that if a female was attrcated to my face on the picture, 95% of the time she will be attracted to me face to face. That has been the case with all 3 rejections this summer. i emailed them a pic, they liked it, and there was not attracted to my face. I'm very confused. I just showed the pic to a female at my job and she said it's no different.

LucreziaBorgia

Even the prettiest of faces won't change the fact that sometimes a person can simply just make you downright uncomfortable IRL, and you find that no matter how hot they are you don't want to be involved with them. A great body/face is one thing - body language, and the words coming out of that pretty face are quite another.

First off, how do you know it was your FACE that they didn't like? Did they come right out and say it?

Second, some people look good in 2 dimensions and not in 3 dimensions. Take, for example Giada de Laurentiis, a chef on the Food Network channel. From the front she is really really pretty, but if the camera catches her from the side it is revealed that she has a large beak-like nose. In 2-D you don't see it, but I'm sure in 3-D it's obvious.

Usually people put their best photo up, and I've met tons of girls who had a fantastic photo of themselves up but didn't really look as good in person. So why don't you put up 3 or 4 from different angles to show who you really are?

• Author
First off, how do you know it was your FACE that they didn't like? Did they come right out and say it?

Second, some people look good in 2 dimensions and not in 3 dimensions. Take, for example Giada de Laurentiis, a chef on the Food Network channel. From the front she is really really pretty, but if the camera catches her from the side it is revealed that she has a large beak-like nose. In 2-D you don't see it, but I'm sure in 3-D it's obvious.

Usually people put their best photo up, and I've met tons of girls who had a fantastic photo of themselves up but didn't really look as good in person. So why don't you put up 3 or 4 from different angles to show who you really are?

So what was it you didn't like in person??

it sounds like you will need to work on how you present yourself in person DA.

Photos are photos. They're static and they don't tell us much about a person.

Imagine you're a businessman going to introduce yourself to potentially important clients, how would you present yourself? Would you dress up? Would you act more energetic? Smile more? Act confident and laidback? What would you need to do to get this people to trust you and give you their money?

Well, dating is kind of the same.

Hey, at least now you've diagnosed part of the problem.

• Author
Do you have a handsome face and a big flobby body?

Well I have a chubby build and I always mention this before meeting

You might try a full body picture with the closeup face shot.. that way you weed out the ones who just don't like your body..

Dude.. if all you have is a closeup on your profile then you are selling yourself too far up..

A woman that only puts a closeup in her profile means she isn't too happy about the part that isn't in the picture..

Show some self esteem and put your whole body in the profile as well.. if you are beefy, husky and meaty then be proud of it and show them you are happy with the way you are ...

:p

Because I'm not round just thick

What's the difference if it's round or not? You could be shaped like an isosceles triangle, but if it's fat, it's fat.

picture of my face in my Photo, but not attracted to me once she meets me face to face. I was always under the assumption that if a female was attrcated to my face on the picture, 95% of the time she will be attracted to me face to face.

Oh no don't assume that. A snap shot doesn't show me who the person is. Just what they look like.

If a guy is SHAKING on a date, is that a date killer?

I would think so. It would creep the hell out of me. Shaking uncontrollably = perception of NO confidence. Therefore, not attractive.

• Author
I would think so. It would creep the hell out of me. Shaking uncontrollably = perception of NO confidence. Therefore, not attractive.

Well that would do it

perception of NO confidence. Therefore, not attractive.

Then throw in the idea that you try and cover up your body by only showing closeups= date cutting and running out the door..

Why not just show them who you really are.. honesty always scores more points than games..

• Author
Oh you're just making this stuff up now! :rolleyes:

:cool:

A girl brought that to my attention in july, i had no idea and was pissed off when I found out

Then throw in the idea that you try and cover up your body by only showing closeups= date cutting and running out the door..

Why not just show them who you really are.. honesty always scores more points than games..

Agreed. Use a full-body shot in your bio or at least have one somewhere that they can see. Get it all out there.

Yes....just pose nude! :laugh: