Is it true that it's the "male instinct" of pursuing hot women for "one thing"?

chill chic

Ok I've read and heard that it's nature that gives some or most guys that "plant the seed" instinct when seeing an above average looking women? Like it's biological that the male go after the better looking female to produce offspring? And could it be that if the guy feels that way, he'll only want to JUST have fun with HOT girls? I don't know really how to word this, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. It's just weird that guys seem to come in flocks, even if they don't know the girl's history.

There was a recent study done, where men and woman speed dated, after first identifying their important criteria. In the end, the more attractive the woman, the more the men threw away their criteria ! Lol, quel suprise !

But, I don't see that as meaning that ALL they want is sex. One of my favorite quotes that I often use, (paraphrased) Is : Pretty lasts for 15 minutes, then you better have something to back it up !"

So, if you're hot, you get a lot more choices, but then if it's a quality man, it won't last long unless you are also, smart, funny, warm, and intelligent.

There was a recent study done, where men and woman speed dated, after first identifying their important criteria. In the end, the more attractive the woman, the more the men threw away their criteria ! Lol, quel suprise !

But, I don't see that as meaning that ALL they want is sex. One of my favorite quotes that I often use, (paraphrased) Is : Pretty lasts for 15 minutes, then you better have something to back it up !"

So, if you're hot, you get a lot more choices, but then if it's a quality man, it won't last long unless you are also, smart, funny, warm, and intelligent.

So true so true. This is why YOU need to be selective CC. And you need to take your time getting to know someone before you start even considering them as potential boyfriends.

Think about it. Do you think relationships happen over night? They don't. It takes time to get to know someone enough to know he is for real.

VirtualInsanity
Ok I've read and heard that it's nature that gives some or most guys that "plant the seed" instinct when seeing an above average looking women? Like it's biological that the male go after the better looking female to produce offspring? And could it be that if the guy feels that way, he'll only want to JUST have fun with HOT girls? I don't know really how to word this, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. It's just weird that guys seem to come in flocks, even if they don't know the girl's history.

Speaking for myself, not relationship material.

Here's ONE way of looking at it...and it's all purely based on my own logic:

If you're a pretty girl, then you definitely have alot more choices -- but the thing is you have mostly guys who are into you because of your looks, which will not be enough to sustain a lasting relationship. I agree looks only last for 15 mins if there is nothing much else they like you for. And ofcourse you have the guys who like you more than for your looks but who perhaps shy away cuz they see the hotter guys going after you. Usually the good guys have lower self confidence.

If you're a more average looking girl -- you have much fewer choices -- BUT I would think that of the choices you have, you've got more guys into you more than just your looks than say the pretty girl. So you have guys going after you for more non-superficial reasons, which in my book has more potential for a lasting relationship.

I'm not saying that pretty girls have it worse off than the average looking girls cuz I don't think this is the case -- I'm sure we can think of the many other advantages pretty girls have -- but like i said this is just one way of looking at it....

well what you say is true. If you're what I call "dumpster ugly," and there's a guy who pursues you and pursues you, he must be seeing something in you way way down deep. And honestly if he keeps coming back despite you being as pleasant to look at as the Cryptkeeper, then it's likely he's going to stay. That's a very good point.

cc, you kill me. Looks draw attention.

Whether it's instinctual, I'm not convinced, beyond the hourglass shape, although in the past, the hourglass was much...broader. If you look back in history, what's considered attractive has changed and also, from a global perspective, not every culture reveres the same attributes.

For me it depends. If I already know this hot girl is known to be someone who likes to JUST have fun herself, then I'll treat her that way. If I don't already know it then I'll take her more seriously & not just as a piece of a$$.

Yeah I'd say that's true. I guess that's why Tiger Woods, a Yale graduate, married a baby sitter - her looks!

The problem with guys who only seek good looking girls is that a better looking girl is always just around the corner. You can't expect them to be faithful to you as they are always in search of someone prettier.

I notice that women below average looking seem to have happier relationships because they probably weren't chosen for their looks. However, when a person has a good personality that will make them much prettier in their loved ones eyes.

Beauty is a gift as well as a curse. You will get alot more attention from men but that attention will usually be of a sexual nature. You have to develop your own system of weeding out the guys that want sex from the guys who see you as a whole person ( not just window dressing ).

I think you know this already and I wonder why you keep rehashing this topic? You consider yourself above averge so it is up to you to find out what men really want from you. You can relate your question to women as well. Do you look for the sexy hot guy or do you have other criteria that is required before you make him bf material?

I've been thinking about this and there is actually a contradiction in the terms. Something is really bothering me about your question. If you really believe your statement is true, then you are selling both yourself and men short. You are reducing parenthood to sexuality. Parenthood is much more then sexuality, for both men and women.

While men more then women are raised to seek out as many sexual experiences as possible, when it comes to 'planting the seed', mature men really bother to find a reliable partner, not just a pretty face. And most men are mature. In fact, men do have a parenting instinct. That's why they're 'providers'. And that's why women who are sexually promiscuous have a hard time finding a good partner. Men just don't perceive them as 'planting the seed' material.

Men want relationships as much as women. They want families, eventually, as much as women. They desire to be a part of their children's lives. You do realize this, right? Some are not ready (like women) for serious relationships and most know that a family is a big responsibility so they will hold off until they find the right woman (and financial stability) before even beginning to consider raising a family with her.

You don't trust men, do you? You're afraid no one will love you for more then your looks right? That's why in your former threads, you've demonstrated in many ways that you act sexually playful to attract men. Looks are what you've grown to rely on to attract men.

In fact, I think you're afraid no one will love you. Punto. And that's why you spend so much time thinking about looks.

Focus on loving yourself Chill. For more then your looks. I know it sounds cliché, but it really is the basis to finding a good partner. it's also the basis to being a good partner.

Bring them on! :bunny:

he'll only want to JUST have fun with HOT girls? I don't know really how to word this, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. It's just weird that guys seem to come in flocks, even if they don't know the girl's history.

Ahem... Que Reggea music!

"If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

So for my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

A pretty woman makes her husband look small

And very often causes his downfall

As soon as he married her and then she starts

To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife

A-you'll be happy for the rest of your life

An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time

And she'll always give you peace of mind

[sax solo]

Don't let your friends say you have no taste

Go ahead and marry anyway

Though her face is ugly, her eyes don't match

Take it from me, she's a better catch

[spoken:]

Say man!

Hey baby!

I saw your wife the other day!

Yeah?

Yeah, an' she's ug-leeee!

Yeah, she's ugly, but she sure can cook, baby!

Yeah, alright!"

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Ah, that song always reminds me of my friend Frank. Back in the day, he was soooooooooooo gorgeous and all the girls at the clubs wanted him. I mean they chased and chased him. He slept with whomever he wanted and other girls still chased him. Well, Frank ended up meeting a girl who was what people would call "homely". No one could understand it but they have been married now for 18 years and have 3 kids. I saw them recently and she has grown prettier over the years. Some people are late bloomers. She is a beautiful person (inside and out) and I can see why he chose her.