If he's interested how long does he wait to call?

McLovely

First date. Went very well. Seemed like such a terrific guy. Totally my type in every respect, especially personality-wise. Caressing, hand holding and a few mentions from him about wanting to see me again. Date ended in a strong, passionate kiss. :love: However, it's been a few days and no call, email or text. It seems like that might be a bad sign that he changed his mind. :( Or am I just being paranoid?

Thursday. If a man is interested, doesn't he call?

Well, in an ideal world, yes. But in this day and age, you have nothing to lose by calling him.

Why not? My BF thinks there is nothing wrong with that.

DONT call him

Men like the chase and you have to treat yourself like gold and he will follow suit!

Sit it out and get it into your head that if he likes you he WILL call, and if not then he wasnt worth it!

I was in the same predicament not so long ago, and waiting was excruciating. So excruciating that by the time he called back--a week later--my feelings about him had changed. Maybe it's expecting someone to adhere to my timeline, but I've also checked it out with my guy pals and they say they would call in a few days if they really liked the gal. Some guys give good first dates, and aren't up to much else. Sit tight. See what he does and how you feel by the time he does it.

Sit tight, he may just be playing it cool not wanting to seem eager.

From what ive seen and heard it can take up to two weeks for an interested guy to call. However, within a week if he is really interested.

First date. Went very well. Seemed like such a terrific guy. Totally my type in every respect, especially personality-wise. Caressing, hand holding and a few mentions from him about wanting to see me again. Date ended in a strong, passionate kiss. :love: However, it's been a few days and no call, email or text. It seems like that might be a bad sign that he changed his mind. :( Or am I just being paranoid?

Sorry, but I have to say it is not a good sign. When a guy has really been into me and it lasted a while...they called on the drive home. When they really are blown away by you on the first date, they don't play the three day I read it on Maxim to wait 3 days to call, game.

Sorry, I don't think he's into you.

There are so many reasons for not getting the call.

If you have doubts at all as to how he feels- the only way to find out is to call him. Screw the whole who should call who in how many days. If you want to know- you should call.

What if he is a little shy and wonders if you like him?

Of course he may not call you back- and that is something you have to be prepared for. But if you are wondering about it, and you like him.... you should make the call.

There are so many reasons for not getting the call.

If you have doubts at all as to how he feels- the only way to find out is to call him. Screw the whole who should call who in how many days. If you want to know- you should call.

What if he is a little shy and wonders if you like him?

Of course he may not call you back- and that is something you have to be prepared for. But if you are wondering about it, and you like him.... you should make the call.

listen to her, she knows what shes talking about

coming from a guy, some of us are shy and we might not be so eager to pick up the phone and call a girl; cuz in our minds the thought of being too needy for attention or desperate is always a fear.

I think you should call him; if your really curious. If hes really into you, he'd be quite taken back and feel appreciated/ remembered. Yes some of us guys like those little thoughtful things like a phone call or text message, it does wonders. Give it a shot; there are no rules; do what you feel like doing.

Sit tight, he may just be playing it cool not wanting to seem eager.

From what ive seen and heard it can take up to two weeks for an interested guy to call. However, within a week if he is really interested.

I agree.:cool:

• Author

He "texted" me. Can you believe that. And it wasn't to ask to get together again, it was a "hey how you doin" kind of thing. Now I feel like I've been relegated to "back up girl".

He "texted" me. Can you believe that. And it wasn't to ask to get together again, it was a "hey how you doin" kind of thing. Now I feel like I've been relegated to "back up girl".

personally I think you are reading too much into this. perhaps you could just chat with him on text and see how you get on, nothing wrong with taking things slow.

Well to me, texting doesn't really count. He should call you. Don't text him back and maybe he will.

I agree! I hate the texting thing until you become closer. Texting gives people an easy way out of true communication. If you do text him back, be just as casual as he was and make it as short a text as possible.

while texting is not an ideal way to communicate I agree, I think some of you are a little too rigid with this. it was a first date, only had a kiss, not much other involvement yet.

a lot of people progress from slow and slightly impersonal communication to the closer stuff but some need time. give the guy a chance

mental_traveller

3 days is the limit really. And a text message is fine nowadays, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

IMO what you should do is agree to meet up, but on your second meeting at the end you should tease him a bit about not showing enough interest. Make it clear you expect to be chased a bit harder, so he doesn't take things so much for granted. You'll find out in the next few weeks just how interested he is, then you can decide to continue or end things.