The Older People Get, the More They Ramble...

uniqueone

I think it's funny how men get as they get older sound different than they did when they were younger. I get a lot of ads from middle aged men that seem to go on forever. It seems like there are men who never really expressed themselves much when they were younger (probably). Then they get hit with a divorce out of the blue and are left wondering about it all. This is when they start to get philosophical...and rambling......

There's nothing wrong with this...it's just a trend I see with the older guys ....as if they suddenly just discovered psychoanalysis.......

This particular guy has been divorced twice so maybe he's done some EXTRA analysis....

Here's the main part of his ad:

About me. This is the hard part, when they ask you to put into words what you're looking for...I can only say I'll just know ...it's "that feeling". That connection that you're looking for that two people who care about each other know.

I'm a very down to earth man with alot heart/compassion for others;fun to be around my friends say, and attractive they would add. I fit into just about any atmosphere.

Hmmm, well, to start off with and I have no problems answering anything you want to know. Trust and honesty is what it's all about..right? That’s what they say in Cosmo isn’t it ? (LOL) Here goes...

I'm just an average guy who wants to have some fun in the sun, or other places, with a confident female companion. Not into body worship or money. These are things that can be taken or lost by life. I just want a lady who will tickle my fancy and not be hung up on all the jerks who've made her feel unattractive, unwanted or unappeciated.

I'm a man who has passion and is compassionate!

I am a bit old-fashioned, but not in the traditional sense. I don't believe in that 1950's nuclear family philosphy. Nowadays, it takes two for a family and I'm not a guy who has ever shied away from raising his daughters.

My feelings are if you're in a relationship, you will always be supported, protected, and loved. I am a gentleman and show my lady appreciation with little things when she's not expecting them. Tell me about your day, get a backrub ,or even a footrub (but I don't do pedicures!).

Life is an incredible journey. There are so many exciting things to do, people to meet and places to see. Sharing these experiences with family, friends, and loved ones make it all the more pleasurable. I have had the greatest two children in the world, both 4, beautiful and precious in their own ways, even though they are twins (fraternal). They are the apples of daddy's eye and I am definitely wrapped around those tiny fingers (and happily so, because there are alot worse things to be!!!!) They have known their father's love, which is and will always be unwavering and unconditional, and I , in turn, have known their love and cannot imagine my life without them in it.

I must admit, I'm a romantic and love to spoil and pamper...in return I'd like to be loved and respected, not taken for granted. That's all I've been looking for.

I believe in respect, caring, sharing of responsibilities, romance, special times, and loyalty.

Personally, I love slow dancing, stealling kisses in Wal-Mart, doing things 'just because',and snuggling on the couch...

I would love to meet a woman who is secure in herself and knows what she wants out of life. Someone who is happy to see me at the end of a tough day. A partner who wants to share her life with me, her experiences, her past and if it all turns out right, our future.

I am very, very attentive and reciporical as far as anything coming my way...take a chance, the right thing comes along only once among some many chances.

We pass so many people every day and never take the chance to see what may happen for any number of reasons. The path not taken...I'm tired of being held captive by fear , lonliness, or rejection!

Life has shown me not to be scared, self-pitying, or fearful of taking chances - it's why we're all here. I love to meet new people and always try to look at the bright side and not be judgemental...

I am honest, loyal, caring and not afraid to show my emotions or talk about how & what I feel.

Since everyone always asks:

I don't have a picture up because I want to weed out the shallow ones. I would rather be involved with a partner who wants to hear what I have to say rather than be hung up on my looks! (seems that I've read that that's what women want too!)

I absolutely will not be returning to my ex- a court date is imminent on July 25!

Hope you like what I've put on here, because it's who I am & what I am about...

Take a chance...fortune favors the bold!

Whenever I hear someone say something like "life is an incredible journey" I hear "no matter how hard I try I can't get life to stop sucking. But if you add it all up it seems interesting in retrospect." That's just me.

I think chatty men should not be trusted.

• Author

Oh and yeah....you can bet I'll be meeting him......wouldn't want to pass up stealing kisses in Wal-Mart....how tempting is THAT?

I dunno....maybe it's just me...but two screaming 4 year olds in Walmart.....I'm thinking he uses stealing a kiss as an excuse for: "Hey sweetie, watch them for a minute, I'll be right back......"

Good observation. My guess is that these guys, given the choice, would keep it short and sweet. Okay, maybe not sweet, but short. But they think the more they emote the better chance they might have of getting a response.

When I was doing the online thing I tried at first the long emotes, but found that nobody read them. (I could tell by the few hits and emails that I got.) Then I tried short and sweet, and nobody read those either. Now I think I might try blank if I ever go back.

What I think is really funny is the laundry list of "don'ts" and "dos" that women put up. Nice the really bitter ones that start out with about a dozen "don'ts" with warning of not to contact them. Bet they don't have to worry.

It's all a farce. The guys don't mean what they say and the women want words to create their fantasy.

• Author
Whenever I hear someone say something like "life is an incredible journey" I hear "no matter how hard I try I can't get life to stop sucking.

It probably means "Take these two four year old twin now PLEASE!!!"

I think chatty men should not be trusted.

After about age 40, they all start rambling.....maybe it's the testosterone levels going down......

• Author
that's actually a great profile - i was wondering, as much as i am over the moon about what i have been reading, i am still in the 'dark' and this is still a fact and fiction situtation for me. i really need some sort ofr identifier before i keep making these leaps of faith. and a few other things so i will leave it up to u as to the method and the medium u wish to use.

and i would also appreciate being able to engage in some form of communication where it feels like we are actually talking and not just reading various posts

thank u

Hey look, I think I saw a unicorn just go by......better hurry before it disappears.....

• Author
Good observation. My guess is that these guys, given the choice, would keep it short and sweet. Okay, maybe not sweet, but short. But they think the more they emote the better chance they might have of getting a response.

When I was doing the online thing I tried at first the long emotes, but found that nobody read them. (I could tell by the few hits and emails that I got.) Then I tried short and sweet, and nobody read those either. Now I think I might try blank if I ever go back.

What I think is really funny is the laundry list of "don'ts" and "dos" that women put up. Nice the really bitter ones that start out with about a dozen "don'ts" with warning of not to contact them. Bet they don't have to worry.

It's all a farce. The guys don't mean what they say and the women want words to create their fantasy.

What kind of do's and don'ts are you used to seeing? I don't have any on mine.

What kind of do's and don'ts are you used to seeing? I don't have any on mine.

Now, you may not have any on your dating profile, but I mean things like...

... If you still have an ex lurking or If you are stalker or If you are a drunk or If you do drugs or If you are not over the ex, etc. I'm not saying those aren't REALLY negatives, but please, please don't start that way; I think any normal guy understands that those are the red flags planted around the fort. I've seen many that start that way; I can never bring myself to read further.

Sorry, hope I am not rambling...or going on too much... or rambling... lol ;)

"Well, we used to wear an onion on our belt at the time because that was the style back in nineteen ought diggity. We couldn't say forty two because the Kaiser had stolen our word for forty. But anyway the important thing to remember is we wore an onion on our belt and we were happy." -Abraham Simpson

/Can't quote Dustoyevsky, Quote the Simpsons:laugh:

I think humor is the way to go. A bit of wit goes a long way.

I agree with Johan, I don't trust a chatty guy. Seems to me like an act of subterfuge. What are you hiding Mr. Chatty? Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.

The guy in that ad would make me think he was actually the OPPOSITE of everything he said he was.

Give me a guy who says something like:

"Hey, I'm a guy who wants to go out to dinner and enjoy the latest and greatest movie. On weekends, I like to throw the frisbee to my dog at the lake. Wanna join me? What do you like to do?"

Any guy who mentions his expensive sports car or who says he is "disease free" is out. As in,"

"Hey, I'm a disease-free Porsche driving advertising executive with a very large salary and penis, lol! (but it's true, ladies.) I cry at sad movies and love chick flicks. I'll give you back rubs and wax your bikini line, too. I have five children with three different women. See, I'm kid-friendly, too. Please don't hurt me. I have a broken heart. All I need is a good woman to love me. I'm not into looks. Please send your pic and measurements. Let's be friends or more!!"

Yuck. Anyway, I like the old-fashioned way of meeting guys. Pure physical attraction first! :laugh: