Stuck...

My humblest apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I really need some advice at this moment in my life...any tips based on past experience and what-not would be appreciated.

I like this girl. A lot. We've been friends since about March, but only since about June I began to have feelings for her, which went from considering dating her, to her now being on my mind every last second. Well, I ended up asking her out two weeks ago. She gave me what I had expected, based on other girls I've liked - a non-surprising, 'no.'

When I asked her why, she said she couldn't picture us as a couple. Then she went and got another boyfriend right in front of my face (they've since broken up - it didn't even last a week, it was more of a joke than anything.

Now, here's the deal; I spoke with another friend of mine, a girl, who despite having a boyfriend (who is also a better friend of mine), has always been nice to talk and given me advice. She says, I can do better than this girl, and I should just move on and wait for someone else.

Another friend of mine, a guy, also said the exact same thing. I can do better than this girl and that I should just pursue someone else, or wait for a girl to fall for me.

Well. What should I do? Try and do better than this girl, or wait and see if she changes her mind?

Thanks in advance.

Superfudgey

Hi DSB,

If I were you, I wouldnt wait around for someone who, as hard as it may be to accept, does not want to be with you. Rejection is never cool, but you're better off alone than with someone who is not interested in you.

You'll find a really nice girl who would love to be your girlfriend, trust me.

• Author

Thank you Superfudgey. The only doubts I have is that this was the third failed relationship attempt in the last year. The girl I liked (in fact, maybe it was even loved...) before this one absolutely ruined me and destroyed me. I think it's just maybe I'm discouraged, more than anything.

But anyway, thank you for the advice, and I think I will just wait. Anyone else with any tips or advice is welcome to throw it at me, too, I'll listen to what anyone has to say. :)