falling in love with a man ladies love

buzzie2

I am falling in love with a guy from my workplace. The funny thing is for the first 7 months that I worked with him i didn't even like him. This is because I heard that he was a real flirt. So I was very standoffish with him. Polite when I had to be but that was it. I used to see him stare at me a lot. My supervisor even told me she thought he liked me because he would ask her who was closing, and if she said me he would smile. I noticed that he acted different around me than the other ladies at work. Around everyone else he flirts outragiously. Not with me though, i could tell he had more respect for me and was even a little nervous. So about 3 months ago i decided to give him a chance and flirt a little with the guy. His reaction was to get this love sick look in his eyes and act embarrassed. Now he initiates more conversations with me, and i can tell that he really cares what i think about him. He came up to me last week after i had to call him to help me with a difficult customer (he's one of the managers) and he asked me if i was okay at the end of the shift.

My concern, is that if we did get involved is that the other ladies that love to flirt with him would get jealous of me, and also it would bother me that he has so many other ladies after him. These ladies actually chase after him and have told me (including my own supervisor) that they would love to have a one night stand with him.

But if he really cared about me, i don't think i would have anything to worry about.

what do you guys think?

I think he likes you, but seeing as he is your manager, I don't think it's wise to get involved with him. He is in a position of authority over you and (not to mention) he has quite the "fan club". I can see jealousy happening along with disaster if you two got together while working together. I think this may be why he is hesitating to take things further with you. Also, the fact it might be against company policy.

It's crazy how feelings can sneak up on us. You are around a person for awhile and you don't think twice about them. Then suddenly one day it hits you that you feel something for them. But, in certain situations (like this one), it might not be wise to act on them. The only way I could see something happening is if you are 100% sure he wants to be with you and you switch departments or jobs or he does. But the question is, do you really want to go through all of that and is it worth it? Would he be willing to go through all of that? Honestly, I highly doubt it.

Maybe it's just alluring because it is taboo? Who knows?