He hasn't seen his wife for three years

What would you think if you found out that the person that you were dating for a few months had been split from his wife of 21 years, for three years, but was still married.

I've been dating this guy who states on his myspace page that he is divorced, but I noticed he never had any court stories. It turns out that he and his wife had a huge fight, she walked out (but came back and slashed his tires) and he doesn't know where she went (although he admits he never really tried to find her) and they haven't spoken since.

He swears he hates her but *sigh* I'm thinking that he's waiting for her to return.

• Author
I would be wondering where he buried her.

Child of Isis! I thought of that! But she has family, I'm sure they would have put up a fuss.

IfWishesWereHorses
I would be wondering where he buried her.

OMG, demented minds think alike! That was my first thought, but I'm not sure I would have actually posted it!

Is this more serious dating or just going out every now and then?

annabelle75
Child of Isis! I thought of that! But she has family, I'm sure they would have put up a fuss.

If she has really "dissapeared" he can file for divorce without her consent. Tell him he needs to do that. Tell him it makes you uncomfortable to date a married man no matter what the situation.

And he may not still be hung up on her or waiting for her to come back. He may just be lazy or doesn't want to have to pay all the court fees for the divorce himself. I'd sit down and really talk to him about it.

• Author
OMG, demented minds think alike! That was my first thought, but I'm not sure I would have actually posted it!

OMG, demented minds think alike!

LOL! Well, it started out very much the casual encounter, but getting more serious. He is actually the one pushing things along. I'm kind of a plain jane librarian type and he is the Paris Hilton of men. I'm concerned that my libido is drowning out rational thought.

There have been a couple of things that bothered me. The disappearing wife was one of them. He has quite a bit of cc debt and he claims it was hers, but then complains that the place if full of junk because she saved everything? And then every girlfriend proceeding me including his wife has been beautiful and Asian and in their 20's, and I am white and in my forties. Weird huh?

Still his daughter of 23 lives with him and I can't imagine she would stay if he was a monster, right? Right?

IfWishesWereHorses

Any chance of having a friend quiz one of the old girlfriends. I have a divorced friend who swears that if he got serious again with a divorced woman he would ask for permission to hear her husbands point of view, he actually regretted not doing this with his wife as everything she told him about her x husband actually appied to her. I haven't gotten her view though!:p

Good Luck to you!