Meeting his mum!!!!!!!!! nervous

Dear LS friends, I have been here a long time, but have only been reading other people's post. Now I need some hlep. Please any ideas appriaciated.

I came to this country since I was 17, I don't have family here, however now I am a permnent resident and planning to make here my home. I met my boyfriend end of 2005 at uni. started going out since early this year, and we are boyfriend & girlfriend since March.

Although somtime he upsets me, I love him for him. I am very serious with this relationship (my first relationship). I think he is serious with me too. I have introduced him to my friends. I haven't met his friends, since he only see his friend at uni, outside uni he dosent go to clubs and not a party person too. We haven't had sex yet, because I want to wait (I think body is the most precious thing I could give to someone I love, the most powerfull and delicate thing in a realtionship should only happen when every other aspect of a relationship is strong) he said he would wait as long as I want. He said to be with me it the most beautiful thing in his life.

He said he has told his parent about me, now talking about me with his parents has becomes so natural and comfortable. So he wants me to meed his parents and his parent has said wanting to meet me.

He lives in this city becasue close to university, rest of the families live in a different city. His dad and mum take turns to visit him here. right now his mum is here. He said his mum want to meet me before she go back home. Today on the phone with my boyfriend, I heard his mum talking to him that to meet me next week before she goes home. So he asked me if that is ok, over the phone, I said" its my pleasure to meet your mum, though I am feeling extremely nervous" He said, to relax and she will like me.

questions:

1. I know I have agreed to meet. but is it too early?

2. Should I bring a small gift for her? ( I graduated last year,still studying full time for another degree, but also working full time so I am not like a poor student).

3. If "yes" for question 2, what can I bring for her? Most likely meeting at his place. only his mum, his dad is not here. I heard from my boyfriend seems she like creams like body lotion, hand cream sort of things ( like most ladies do, inlcudes me) would a nice handcream(around $30 ) be ok? I feel its not a good idea but cant think anything else, I dont drink, so bring bottle of wine not practical, plus most like meeting in the morning, not dinner.

4.What should I remember to do, and what not to do whe I meet her?

5. any additions thing I need to know please feel free to tell me. I have no experience at all.

Thanks in advance for help. really appriciate.

i wouldnt bring anything. it might make her feel slightly uncomfortable since she prolly wont be bringin you anything. just my opinion. also just be yourself and try not to be nervous. most american moms will act like they like you even if they dont so dont worry about her being mean or not getting along with you if thats what you were thinking.

just be yourself, polite and everything will be fine.

1. If you are serious, then it is time to meet the parents. :)

2/3. If you wanted to bring a SMALL gift (under $5 is good) then flowers or a potted plant might be a nice idea. Candles are nice too. Talk with your boyfriend- you could bring something "from both of you." Or you could bring her something you make or a tasty treat from your native country, if your boyfriend thinks she might like it. It would be a good way to share your native culture with her. You could bring some pictures of your family and country to show her, since she's likely to be very interested in your background.

4. Be yourself. You sound like a nice person, and I'm sure she'll be thrilled to meet a hardworking young lady like yourself who is dating her son.

5. Don't worry so much! Meeting in-laws can be scary, because you want to please them so much, but just be yourself.