Is he interested or just being polite?

waitingforlove

waitingforlove

Hi everyone,

I met this guy at a work setting (but we're not working for the same company) a few weeks ago. We saw each other about four times under that circumstance, and I noticed that we would look at each other from time to time. The project is now done and we won't see each other again unless we make an attempt to. So I emailed him and said I found him interesting and would like to get to know him better. I asked if he would like to meet up for coffee sometime. He wrote back and said that he would be extremely busy in the next few weeks with a lot of projects, but he said he would get back to me after things calm down a bit.

Do you think he might be interested? Or is he just being polite? Do you think he "gets it" that I'm interested in him by me telling him that I found him interesting and wanted to know him better? Any opinions would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Hmm, hard to say, he may genuinely be busy, but he may not be interested. I would say just take it easy, see if he contacts you after he's done being busy, maybe even send him another email after a while to show your still interested, but I would say nothing more than that.

• Author
waitingforlove

Thank you, 208.

So do you (anyone) think it is pretty obvious that I am interested in him? I mean, do you think he knows that I'm interested now that I've emailed him? I don't mind letting him know at all, but I just wonder if he sensed that.

Any opinions? Thanks again!

he knows that you are interested. Is he interested? I don't think so. because let's say he was interested, even if he was very busy he would have been a little more 'interested' in his response. But I might be wrong.

If you said what you told us, yeah, he knows you are interested no doubt.

Is he interested? Probably not. If I'm attracted to a woman and she writes me something like that, I'm all over it with at least 'yeah, sure! But Im busy this week but maybe next week!' and then I write you an email just saying hi and talking about nonsense.

If he hasnt written back anything, he is not interested.

Teddy and Jane

This is a tough one to answer but kudos to you for making a move. I am beginning to change my stance on guys making the first move, in this day and age it is becoming more necessary for women to make the first move.

I am having hope for you. He might really get back to you and ask you out! Keep us posted!

Women that make the first move are awsome, sexy, confident and too rare!

If anything, you should be proud and if a guy doesnt like the fact you made the first move he is probably a controlling insecure jerk.

Do you think he might be interested? Or is he just being polite? Do you think he "gets it" that I'm interested in him by me telling him that I found him interesting and wanted to know him better? Any opinions would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

First, the only way you could have been more obvious was to hit him in the head with the Email. So, yes, he knows your interested.

Is he? Probably not. There is NO SUCH THING as too busy for men. If we want something, we absolutely and completely make time for it. He was likely being polite. Another possibility is that he has "something else going on" and wanted to gauge what happens with that first... making you a back-up. Either way, I would suggest not investing too much energy into it.

• Author
waitingforlove

Thanks everyone for giving your input! I guess maybe he isn't interested then, although he did sound like he was extremely busy. Maybe he was hoping that in a few weeks, I would have lost interests in him, and so he said he would contact me in a few weeks when he actually wasn't going to. I don't know ... At any rate, I guess I can't have too much hope.

Teddy and Jane, thank you for hoping for me that he might really get back to me. If he does, I'll sure keep you posted. But for now ... at least for a few weeks I guess I have to let go.

DirectX you made me laugh with your comment, because i would be the same if i facnied this women. IF i wasnt then i would reply how shes sent me an email.

becuase i tell you what... its not EVERYDAY a MAN has a woman write something like that. even though it dont saything, it says everything because the direction of letter.

i admire you for clutching the bull by the horns and going for him! well done.