My Grandpas Car Salesman

ashlei171

A few years ago.. when i was 19... my grandpa sent me to his salesman for help on finding a car.. so i ended up buying a car from him... anyways, at the time i thought he was hot and super super sweet.. but knew that he wouldn't be interested... i was really immature then... So here we are 3 years later.. i have a 4 year old and a 1 year old.. I went to meet up with him again... he was excited to see me.. and after a day of car shopping and flirting(he took me around to all his car lots.. in HIS lexus) I ended up calling him and blahhhh... so we started talking about he thought i was hitting on him.. i said.. what if i was and he replies.. your grandpa would kill me... Im too old for you sweetie.. so i say ... thats fine i understand... but he wouldnt give it up.. he kept goin.. which is why i think he is interested... he cant get over the age thing... how can i get him to think differently about our ages.. hes 34 and im 22... Im mature.. help....

melodymatters

Hmm,or, he could have gone on about it simply for the ego boost it was giving him.

Only one way to find out, no guts no glory ! Simply say look, we are both adults, I'm a mom for crisakes, if you not interested thats cool, but I'm not a gameplayer so do you want to (fill in blank) ???

good luck !

• Author

I agree with the no games... just not the... "Wanna +++++" hehe but thanks for the advice

bridget_jones

So you already had a kid when you met the car salesman the first time and you went on to have another? No marriage there? I probably wouldn't have called him, he would call you if he was really interested. Anyway you probably want to focus on your kids at this point, they're pretty young.

I think he probably isn't interested in anything serious.

• Author

umm.... First of all I was talking to him about a car we looked at and it turned into just talk and that turned into flirting.. hes the one that brought up me hitting on him.. YEAH there was marriage involved with my 2 kids,.. its been over for about 1.5 years and I still haven't found anyone to even DATE.. I do look out for my kids but that doesn't mean I can't try to find someone in my life to make me happy on a relationship level.. my kids are everythign.. but not that.. they don't satisfy my need to be loved and feel special in THAT WAY...

As far as him being interested.. I already confirmed that he is interested.. he told me.. he thinks Im a gorgous girl and blah blah... HE"S HUNG UP ON AGE>>> he thinksIm too young for him.. and that my grandpa would kill him.... I want advice ont his... how can I get him to think that I am not to young... All i want is one date... then he would see that age isn't that big of a deal and that I am mature enough for a man thats 12 years older than me..

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW TO GET THAT FIRST DATE.....

melodymatters

Honestly ashlei,I don't know !!!! I mean how do you make somone ask you out ? You can't, basically.

Either you suggest doing something together, and if he brings up the age thing, say "i'm asking you as a friend, I PROMISE not to seduce you" and then give hima wicked grin.

He's not a saint, he's a car salesman for crisesakes, if he's interested, he'll come around. If not he's just playing games.

I once dated a friend of my dads, who was 20 yrs older than me ! After a bit of hemming and hawing, bottom line, he was a GUY, and he wanted me, so he went for it.

bridget_jones

Oh, OK. I do feel as if you've made yourself known to him that you are interested. So he does seem attracted but he possibly uses the age difference as an excuse to let you down easy?

Also I have known men who really aren't interested in relationships with women that much younger. I know it goes against that yes a lot of men do want a lot younger woman, but not always. He might just be being honest.

Also he is 34...does he have kids? Possibly he is looking for a woman without kids to start his own family with.

Trialbyfire

Make sure he's not already married.

Car salesmen are a different breed. I went to buy a car with the ex and met this drop-dead gorgeous car salesman. The minute the ex went to do this thing with the Credit Manager, this guy turned the charm full on, eyes, body language and verbal flirting like mad, even to the point of grabbing my hand to supposedly read my palm. When we left, he shook each of our hands and lingered on mine. The ex noticed and asked, to which I shrugged and told him the whole thing.

Moral to my story, they are salesmen, accustomed to selling themselves.

• Author

yeah thats funny.. he could jsut be selling himself.. like he's used to doing.. and he could be using age as an excuse... so I guess there's only one way to find out.. no he's not married and he has a son the same age as mine, 4. I like that one.. Ill try it.. askiing him out as friends and promising not to seduce him.. wink wink... I think my only option is to just ask him myself... im supposed to talk to him on monday.. so should i wait for him to call monday and then really hit on him or ask him out the next time i see him.. or not ask him out.. just see if he will ask me out.. I know hes a car salesman.. but he went out of his way to meet with me... he only usually sells new cars.. he had to take me to see used...Whatever I guess he could just want the sell..

melodymatters

Good for you ashlei, I'm glad your going to go for it ! I would wait until monday, when you are expected to talk again. Wait until near the end of the conversation, and if he doesn't ask you out first, and your still getting chemistry vibes, then go ahead and ask him.

I don't believe in prejudging people because of their occupations. If anything I am brutally honest, but because I have been in theatre my whole life, I HAVE had guys ask, "how do I know your not acting ?"

LOL, because acting and LYING are 2 different things dude !

Hey, another idea, you could ask him if he wants to bring the 2 boys to chuckie cheese together or something. I've done that and it was part "play date", part " lets get to know each other !

Let me know how it all works out !

bridget_jones

She's already made herself crystal clear she wants him, ball's in his court now. No sense in pushing yourself on a guy, that's just desperate and will turn him off totally to you. If he's interested, he'll ask you out himself.

melodymatters

Well, were not there so we don't know the tone, the vibe, if she's picking up on his messages etc.

I am not saying she should call and ask him to dinner.

Some guys ARE shy, some guys might actually worry about the age thing or the grandpa thing.

Again, we don't know her, and we don't know him.

I just figured instead of playing games, there are many ways to throw out "the opening ball" so to speak and then see if they catch it.

Since I don't know them personally, I don't know if the guy is flattered by the ego boost, but has no desire to go out with her and is trying to let her down lightly, or if he's truly interested.

Hell ! he could be gay, he could have just started seeing somone great, our OP could be a bunny boiler , who knows, I'm just think nothing ventured nothing gained. I figured if it was JUST the age thing, her ( my, lol) suggestion of lets do this or that as friends, would let her know where she stands without messing with HER ego.