I caught him in a lie.

A long time ago my bf and I were at our friend's apartment. I was on the computer and he was in the other room with other friends. He had been logged onto a well known networking website and forgot to log out. I was drunk and thought I was on my own profile, browsing through people's pages and went to my check messages, and it was then that realized I was on HIS account and saw that they were HIS messages.

I was shocked, there were so many from girls! Even though they were from a while ago. I started reading ONE message because with this website u can see the first couple lines. I never actually opened any messages though to read the entire thing.

All I read was "Yeah, I know it was really awkward...." and had to stop myself, I didn't want to find out something that would upset me.

So the other night my bf and I were playing this game, asking each other about our friends on this particular website. And I asked him about the girl who sent that one message. And he said he "knew her from a party and when I asked if they hooked up he said he "couldnt remember if he hooked up with her, it was so long ago (in high school)" how could you not remember? Then he said she stalked him and I was like "well if she stalked you why are you _____ friends with her?"

And he said, "I don't know, I've never even talked to her through _______. Or for the past 4 years for that matter."

I know we were talking about a girl from the past, and it doesnt bother me that he hooked up with her or WHATEVER! I have a feeling he hooked up with her or saw her over the summer (we werent together though), and I am just bothered by the fact that I KNOW HE WAS MESSAGING HER! AND HE LIED ABOUT IT!

what the heck? Why lie about it if its not that big of a deal?

Should I confront him about the fact that I accidentally saw a small part of his messages? Or no? I do not want him thinking I went through all of them because I honestly didn't. But I'm upset he would lie to me like that even if its not that big of a deal it bothers me...

advice please!