He's met his match.

luvtoto

Had my first date with Barrett last night. Let's just say, he's got my attention.

Even though, he didn't compliment me all night. Nor did he flirt once with me.

That didn't dawn on me until this morning.

Part of me feels confused a bit, yet another part of me feels relieved that he's not artificially sucking up to me like all the other guys did. Blech!

I would rather that he spends time getting to know me, then start flirting/complimenting me about things that he's learned about me, or has started to like while getting to know me.

He does have that "poker face" look. Like, you have noooo idea what he's thinking. But, I am secure enough in myself to not care that much about what he thinks about me. I mean, if he's taking me out on really nice dates, he likes me.

Other things happened last night, that just were unexplainable....

But, I will say one thing, he seems like he's gonna be a bit of a challenge.

Bring it on!!! :laugh: He's met his match in that arena. :cool:

Other things happened last night, that just were unexplainable....

Like what ??

How did the date end ? Did you make another date with him ?

• Author

Well, my coworker told me that he gave Barrett my phone number the other day...

Last night, when he was leaving, he told me to call him. I rebutted and told him to call me. It was his turn (jokingly). He just looked at me, and I said, "do you have my phone number?" He said, "no" and then laughed a little.

What was that about? I, then, gave him my number.

Another thing, he talked about how tanked he got at his brother's bachelor party two weekends ago. He, also, stated that he drinks Corona, and gets teased by his buddies for being a "rich ****er" for drinking the good stuff. Yea, he's wealthy.

Anyways, at the fancy restaurant, I asked him if he wanted to get some wine or something. He just shut me down with a blunt "no"..and kinda made me feel like a wino for bringing it up. No explanation or anything.

So, after the meal, I ordered a glass of wine for myself, because I wanted one dammit! :laugh:

He just sat there watching me drink it. Why wouldn't he have ordered something for himself? Weird. It wouldn't have killed him to drink a Corona.

I have never had to drink by myself before, like that. I could see if he was a recovering alcoholic or something...

Insignificant...but kinda strange.

Rooster_DAR
Well, my coworker told me that he gave Barrett my phone number the other day...

Last night, when he was leaving, he told me to call him. I rebutted and told him to call me. It was his turn (jokingly). He just looked at me, and I said, "do you have my phone number?" He said, "no" and then laughed a little.

What was that about? I, then, gave him my number.

Another thing, he talked about how tanked he got at his brother's bachelor party two weekends ago. He, also, stated that he drinks Corona, and gets teased by his buddies for being a "rich ****er" for drinking the good stuff. Yea, he's wealthy.

Anyways, at the fancy restaurant, I asked him if he wanted to get some wine or something. He just shut me down with a blunt "no"..and kinda made me feel like a wino for bringing it up. No explanation or anything.

So, after the meal, I ordered a glass of wine for myself, because I wanted one dammit! :laugh:

He just sat there watching me drink it. Why wouldn't he have ordered something for himself? Weird. It wouldn't have killed him to drink a Corona.

I have never had to drink by myself before, like that. I could see if he was a recovering alcoholic or something...

Insignificant...but kinda strange.

Guys who don't drink beer suck!!!! :D

Last night, when he was leaving, he told me to call him.

He, also, stated that he drinks Corona, and gets teased by his buddies for being a "rich ****er" for drinking the good stuff. Yea, he's wealthy.

He told you to call him because he doesn't have a good read on you and whether or not you are interested in him.

But I also think that he isn't interested in you enough to chase you.. if you call him then you show him you are interested in you.. but he doesn't have enough interest in you to take the lead..

The drink thing.. he either just didn't want to drink or he was not drinking becuase he gets lit when he drinks and maybe he doesn't want to show that side of himself..

The money comment on a first fate.. look out.. he is trying to make it look like he is rich.. that is garbage.. people that have money don't bring light to it in conversations.

Call him and try on another date.. see where it goes

• Author

Oh, and the date ended great! He kept telling me that he should go, he didn't want to overstay his welcome.

He hit if off with my son. They played his Playstation games for an hour and a half! I almost fell asleep.

When my son fell asleep on the couch, he commented about it. It was really weird how they bonded so fast. He just must be a kid at heart.

Just before he left, I grabbed his hand gently, and said I had a great time.

He was very much a gentleman. But, in a strong, manly way.

He said he'd call.

• Author
He told you to call him because he doesn't have a good read on you and whether or not you are interested in him.

But I also think that he isn't interested in you enough to chase you.. if you call him then you show him you are interested in you.. but he doesn't have enough interest in you to take the lead..

Was his interest in me, just my imagination? Must have been.

I don't know. If he doesn't have enough interest to take the lead from this point on, then I am not going pursue either. According to him, I've been the entire instigator (<sp?) in this scenario. Could have sworn he stopped in my office four times in a week and a half.

The drink thing.. he either just didn't want to drink or he was not drinking becuase he gets lit when he drinks and maybe he doesn't want to show that side of himself..

Interesting. I didn't even finish my wine. But, it was good though. I mispronounced it when I ordered it. Haha! Chianti, is pronounced like Kianti! So, at least I didn't come off as someone who has the wine list memorized! :laugh:

The money comment on a first fate.. look out.. he is trying to make it look like he is rich.. that is garbage.. people that have money don't bring light to it in conversations.

Yea, he drove a huge brand new huge truck. Did I say huge?! Didn't intimidate me though. My family has tons of money. But, they are all snobby about it.

He had a few money stories last night, that seemed inappropriate. But, I guess that is either "who he is"...or he is just trying to impress me.

I wonder if he has had a lot of gold diggers trying to date him. He might have a guard up cause of that reason.

Call him and try on another date.. see where it goes

Well, he's sending me mixed messages. He told me when I called on Thursday night, he was struggling to stay awake on the phone with me.

He then laughed a bit.

What the heck did that mean?!

I don't know, AC. He liked me, but I don't know if he respects me.

Well, he's sending me mixed messages. He told me when I called on Thursday night, he was struggling to stay awake on the phone with me.

He then laughed a bit.

What the heck did that mean?!

I don't know, AC. He liked me, but I don't know if he respects me.

That is odd.. he cut you down and then laughed.. hummmm...

I don't know what to say other than if you are interested in him then call him in a few days and check the temperature..

Maybe some other people can chime in..

You may be too emotionally invested in this guy. Maybe you have your hopes up a little too high. Most of the stuff you described indicates to me that he may not be such a winner. He seemed a bit rude or blunt or something. Maybe the chemistry will be better with someone else. Maybe you'll have a better idea after another date or two. But I recommend you put the stronger feelings on the back burner for a while and just see if you even have fun with him.

• Author
Guys who don't drink beer suck!!!! :D

Apparently, he just doesn't drink around me. :laugh:

Apparently, he just doesn't drink around me. :laugh:

You might consider yourself lucky.. otherwise this thread might have the title " My date got drunk at dinner and hit on the waitress " :lmao:

• Author
You may be too emotionally invested in this guy. Maybe you have your hopes up a little too high. Most of the stuff you described indicates to me that he may not be such a winner. He seemed a bit rude or blunt or something. Maybe the chemistry will be better with someone else. Maybe you'll have a better idea after another date or two. But I recommend you put the stronger feelings on the back burner for a while and just see if you even have fun with him.

I feel like that chic in Jerry McGuire. He loves my kid, and sure "likes" me. :laugh:

(I am seriously just joking)

But, I'll admit it. I did have my hopes up quite high that I may be on the verge of having a relationship. However, I don't know if he fits the bill yet.

I'll go out with a few more times though. But, I am not wanting to call him, after the "falling asleep on the phone" remark.

With all the money he has, he's probably used to women falling at his feet and chasing him. But, money don't mean a thing to me. I grew up with it, and money was held over my head, as a means to control me. When I cut all family ties, I was written out of the family will.

Anyways....

He's rich and only 28 yrs old. He just graduated from college three years ago!

I live paycheck to paycheck, rent to own, and am 39.

So, I am not going to be pursuing him for our next date.

I am just flattered that he asked me out, and didn't write me off right out of the gate. I think everyone should date that way.

Well, got some painting to do today...:lmao:.

• Author
You might consider yourself lucky.. otherwise this thread might have the title " My date got drunk at dinner and hit on the waitress " :lmao:

Our "waitress" was a muscular, black man who was quite intimidating. :lmao:

Waiter: "Would you care for crushed pepper on your steak?"

Me: "Yes! If you say so!"

amaysngrace

Oh Luv...welcome to the tingles that only a new relationship can bring. :)

How'd you mispronounce chianti? You never saw Silence of the Lambs? :confused:

• Author
Oh Luv...welcome to the tingles that only a new relationship can bring. :)

Ok, there's a couple tingles.... But, it doesn't look too promising at this point. He did, however, act like he wanted a kiss a the end of the night. Didn't give him one though.

How'd you mispronounce chianti? You never saw Silence of the Lambs? :confused:
I pronounced it like it looks! "Ch"..like CHurch! hahha. The waiter said, "Kianti?" I said, "Yea, if you say so!" :lmao:

Silence of the Lambs? Oh, you are right! I would have never ordered it if I knew that! Chianti is a good wine to drink while sucking someone's brains! haha.

amaysngrace

The waiter said, "Kianti?" I said, "Yea, if you say so!" :lmao:

Good recovery. :bunny:

Silence of the Lambs? Chianti is a good wine to drink while sucking someone's brains! haha.

Actually his personal 'taste' was with liver and fava beans. ;)

• Author
Actually his personal 'taste' was with liver and fava beans. ;)

Fava? How do you pronounce that? :laugh: Where's the waiter??

amaysngrace
Fava? How do you pronounce that? :laugh: Where's the waiter??

fah-vah

Please leave me a generous tip so you can pass the waitress test ;)

With all the money he has, he's probably used to women falling at his feet and chasing him. But, money don't mean a thing to me. I grew up with it, and money was held over my head, as a means to control me. When I cut all family ties, I was written out of the family will.

Anyways....

He's rich and only 28 yrs old. He just graduated from college three years ago!

How rich is he?

• Author
How rich is he?

He was handed down the family business to run. His parents are very wealthy, too.

I just got off the phone with my girlfriend. She went to Highschool with him.

She told me that he's a real good guy, got a good family, but had an older brother that died when he was 17 accidentally. That about destroyed the family.

Also, found out that he is very picky when it comes to dating.

In all fairness, I can relate to that. My motivation for being picky is that I am scared to let someone in for fear of rejection.

I wonder what his motivation for being so picky is...:confused:.

:confused:

Thats all that I have to say about him Luv.

I am glad to hear that the date went well but he seems like a strange one. I agree that another date or two needs to happen to see what he is all about.

well LUVTOTO...since you always say I'm a pessimist I am going to give you the opposite of what I really would say:

The evening sounded superb and he sounds like a great guy. No major problems I can see. Green light from ALpha.

I am now a lot more mitigated then I usually am. Damn, Alpha is being positive and I'm the one who's dropping the cheerleading pompoms.

What's with all the money talk? Why would he mention it and why do you keep mentioning it? You are dating. The amount of money he makes shouldn't come into consideration just yet. I do love it when my dates have steady jobs that they are remotely passionate about. I've dated enough musicians to know that the absence of income does create problems in a relationship. But I think that as soon as a guy holds his own, then the exact amount is no concern of mine until we move in together and start sharing expenses.

You do sound very excited about this and especially very excited about the fact that he is not rushing into anything. I understand. I also hate dating whorshippers. Too much pressure. I hate kicking puppies.

But one thing is good. I think your excitement stems from the fact that if he is taking time to get to know you, then this gives you time to show him how grounded and amazing you are. Just make sure you take time to consider wheter or not he is match for you.

Fortune cookie says: Don't let the fact that he makes money clout your vision. He was sending mixed signals. Let the second date speak for itself.

• Author

Ya know what? Screw this dating crap. I got better things to do than to be analyzed by a stranger, or to analyze a stranger.

Gonna go do something productive. Gonna replace the tires on my son's bike and paint my daughter's room some.

Dating is so overrated. :rolleyes:

Having someone new come into your life, is like playing Russian Roulette.