Stood up at Bday Party

Thought I would share a funny and sad story. The girl I was seeing off and on for 6 months stood me up at my bday party a couple weeks ago.

She is kind of flaky but told me repeatedly all week she was going to come to my party. Saturday comes around she calls me three times, wishing me happy bday, and wants me to come pick her up so we can go out to lunch. We had a pretty good time but when I took her home, she suddenly wasn't feeling well. Said she might not come that night if she wasn't feeling better and that she would call. Sure enough, that night she called me said she was home in bed with the flu. I was so pissed because I had the chance for at least 2 other dates but I turned them down as to not create tension. She called me Monday to apologize and said she spent Sat night, Sunday, and Monday in bed. Funny thing is I'm glad she didn't come as I had more fun with my friends and I didn't have to entertain her.

I'm bringing this up because tonight she had wanted to come over and meet me and called earlier and said her mom was feeling kind of sick so she was going to visit her. I suggested that was a good idea because I was busy anyway, but doesn't this sound like a flake? Add in the fact that she asked me to cook dinner for her one night a couple months back, and called at the last minute saying she was 'sick'.

I feel so stupid for putting up with this behavior.

whichwayisup

She doesn't sound like a flake, it sound to me more like you're not into her. Obviously it isn't that serious if you two have been on/off again for 6 months, and you are dating other people.

Maybe she feels that you're not really into her which is why she decided to see her mom since she wasn't feeling well. Who knows...

Talk to her if you're unhappy and together you two can decide if it's worth fixing the relationship.

It is the full speed flu season and it might be true that she was really sick. If you cant pick up her intentions from her gestures, attitude and actions towards you while you guys are out, you wont be able to tell over the phone that her mom is really sick or not and you would be wondering and creating your plots instead.. and maybe you are so hopeless in this relationship that you are still dating other people and she feels that from your actions and blows you off at last seconds, as "whichwayisup" pointed out... and if you had more fun at your bday party without her, why even bother thinking about it especially if you are not serious about this relationship?

Give her the benefit of the doubt unless you have reason to believe otherwise. If she keeps this up for another two weeks or so, you are probably right. Gotta keep faith, bro, it can happen!