Turning into the idiot at work

Rose201

My behavior is really messing me up at work. I like this guy so much that I get really stupid and it has gotten to the point that I leave work feeling like this huge idiot. I think he must either think I am strang and odd (unable to look at him, nervous, etc) or know I like him and be laughing at me inside that I am being so nervous around him! (see my other post about being nervous around him for more info)

I need to stop this and I need to stop it now. I want to be my normal self around him - funny, confident, happy, etc. Not all nervous and jumpy if he gets too close to me and shy where I cannot even look at him. I hate feeling this way - this is not me! I can be cool around almost any guy.

I need suggestions, help, advice - anything! I don't want to end up having him hate being around the wierd girl who gets all nervous if he is around. I mean, its work, and I need to be professional, not stupid. But the minute he comes around and I am in his presence...off I go into la-la land! How do I stop it?

well let me just tell you a pointless story I was the clown/idiot in highschool that you are discribing and was never sure of what to say and acted wierd made everyone laugh their as* off but I end up feeling like the vilage idiot at the end. So what I did is kind of figure out were those things are comming from - in your case from this guy, and try to fix it. There is a really easy solution try to controll conversation with him and the people around so it does not go to the areas that you really start feeling like an idiot as well as try to give honest answers I have noticed that when ever I am trying to hide or give dishonest answer about something i start acting like that. How I did it just act semi normal where you are happy to be between people joke around - but when ever it comes to that guy talking to him or something about that sort have your smile freese on your face and try to be honest -- !!! girl is serious when she is talking to you - she is interested in what you are saying ----big heads up SHe likes you and she is playing it cool . That is what I got to say it is not that big deal you will get over it with a few hard trys

• Author
There is a really easy solution try to controll conversation with him and the people around so it does not go to the areas that you really start feeling like an idiot as well as try to give honest answers

That makes sense. The problem is, though, that he does not have to say ANYTHING for me to act stupid. If he just gets near me, I can feel his presence, and I like that presence, and so I get all nervous that he can sense just that I like him...and then I cannot even look at him. If he stands too close, I step back, things like that. I swear, I am like a school girl and I am too darn mature to be acting this dumb!

I can talk normal with him if we get to talking, but its just being in his presence that makes me get all wierded out on the inside and causes me to get nervous and jumpy and hesitant. And I am often in his presence where we are not talking (doing work related things) and so my body language gets all funny during those times and I clam up. I need a section of my brain to be rewired!

you know I have no idea how old you are but it sounds to me that you really like this guy - my suggestion is basically going to work with the attitude - I am gonna get that guy and I am gonna rock his world - keep saying that in your head especially when you feel his presence - if you get it into your mind hard enough your body language will change from the immachure or the wierd act to the irresistable girl that he will not be able to keep his hands off. Just make shure that this is not at work coz there might be problems. I use to be like that when me and my brother went to parties - I would act stupid in the precense of pretty girls and embase him - by the way he is still mad coz I once embaresed him infront of a girl he just got a date with and she never went to the date so I was quite stupid and you know - Once I actually tried changing my attitude of going to one of those parties - let me just say I had about 3 girls phone numbers at the end from just behaving normally and getting it through my thick head that you know you dont need to put this silly defence mechanism up. So I suggest just go with that attitude to work and he will be dying to be with you.