Potential Girlfriend, Not Looking So Potential...

alex434

Heres the deal:

I known this girl through my one friend for about a year. We never really talked like that but i talked to her here and there. About 2 months ago i found out that she liked me and i liked her. So we decided to "talk" ( not dating or going out but kinda so.) after a week or so she comes to my friend and tells her that im moving too fast even though i didnt make no moves or NOTHING. So after about a week later she tells my friend that she is starting to like me ALOT. Soo.. for Valentines Day i got her a Rose in a vase a teddy bear and chocolates and i stuck it in her locker so when she went to open it, it was in there. She got it and loved it but according to her friends. Noone has ever bought her nething before so she didnt really know how to act but she did like it. The problem is that she went to my friend and said she liked me alot but wanted to really get to know me before we went out with one another.

My question is if she likes me and i like her, what the hell are we waiting on? and her friends are telling me not to ask her out yet. I dont get what else she needs to know about me I dunt know if shes scared and wants to be cautious because of past experiences but that should not be taken out on me. What should i do I mean everyone tells her how great i guy i am and good for her and she likes me but i dont know what to do anymore and i dont want to ask her out now because im afraid that i will Chase her away, so does anyone know what i can do and why she is acting like this?

Your input would be greatly appreciated :)

the_total_package

I would just ask her out directly to her face, leave friends out of it to deliver messages to each other. That way she has to answer you directly. If she says 'no' to going out, you have your answer there. If she says 'yes' yay!

At the very least, she should thank you in person for the nice Valentine's presents, and that might be a good opening for the next step of asking her out. Maybe you might want to add that 'it's just out for pizza, no pressure, just to have fun and talk' since she seems to be hung up on talking and getting to know you before going out on a 'real' date.

• Author

Yeah we have hung out a few times and all its just more so when i say go out i mean as in we commit to being bf/gf. that type of thing. I'm guessing she doesnt want to get involved with me and then later on see something she doesnt like and we dont last long. It might be shes looking for something long, but if we dont start acting more than platonic then we are gonna just end up as friends