I got greedy... what now?

Mistake

I am in business school, and I had heard from a female friend that a classmate and casual acquaintance of mine had a thing for me. I am into her, so naturally this seemed like a good thing. Now I was away for the past month on break, but the understanding was there that when I came back to town - it was on! Well this weekend is the one where it is supposed to go down (already arranged where our groups will meet etc.).

What complicates matters is that a good friend of mine and I had been getting a little bit flirty recently. One thing led to another, and we sort of crossed the line and decided we should pursue things on a different level. I am afraid my ego may be involved with this more than envisioning a great relationship. I am not sure things would work out great between us.

With that in mind, I would clearly hurt my friend's feelings if I were to pursue my classmate this weekend given our plans to hang out next week or anytime in the near future. That's the last thing I want to do. If I cancel plans indefinitely with the classmate it is clearly never going to happen (long story) and I think we would get along well together.

I obviously screwed this up, and I am not sure how to handle it.