What gives? Your input welcomed

db75

I'll try to keep this brief.

So anyway, I met a woman online a couple weeks ago. We exchanged phone numbers and talked quite a bit and hit it off really well. We finally met for the first time this past Friday. We had a great time, and absolute blast. So she invited me to stay at her place. We ended up sleeping in the same bed, no sex, just a little kissing. Shared some nice conversation while laying there. Had a great time.

We we're going to get together Saturday, but it just didn't pan out. She did however call me several times. So we fastforward to today. Via the dating site, I sent her one e-mail over the weekend expressing what a good time I had. The interesting thing is about this site is that you can see when someone has read or deleted messages from you. I found that she had deleted all my messages and even the one I sent over the weekend which really warranted a reply. She would normally reply promptly. I even tried to call once on Sunday, because she had asked me to do so, however she didn't answer.

So basically my gut is telling me, she doesn't want to talk to me any further. Perhaps it's just my own paranoia, but I don't think so. I know she's a bit guarded because her previous relationship was a bad one which ended almost a year ago. So perhaps she thinks I'm too good to be true or something or she's just playing games. Not sure. I haven't been pushy or done anything wrong that I'm aware of, I'm not looking to get super serious with her at the moment, just trying to keep things mellow since were so new to one another, so I'm just a bit confused as to what the heck happend. There's a whole bunch more to the story, but let me know what you guys think.

I'll try to keep this brief.

So anyway, I met a woman online a couple weeks ago. We exchanged phone numbers and talked quite a bit and hit it off really well. We finally met for the first time this past Friday. We had a great time, and absolute blast. So she invited me to stay at her place. We ended up sleeping in the same bed, no sex, just a little kissing. Shared some nice conversation while laying there. Had a great time.

We we're going to get together Saturday, but it just didn't pan out. She did however call me several times. So we fastforward to today. Via the dating site, I sent her one e-mail over the weekend expressing what a good time I had. The interesting thing is about this site is that you can see when someone has read or deleted messages from you. I found that she had deleted all my messages and even the one I sent over the weekend which really warranted a reply. She would normally reply promptly. I even tried to call once on Sunday, because she had asked me to do so, however she didn't answer.

So basically my gut is telling me, she doesn't want to talk to me any further. Perhaps it's just my own paranoia, but I don't think so. I know she's a bit guarded because her previous relationship was a bad one which ended almost a year ago. So perhaps she thinks I'm too good to be true or something or she's just playing games. Not sure. I haven't been pushy or done anything wrong that I'm aware of, I'm not looking to get super serious with her at the moment, just trying to keep things mellow since were so new to one another, so I'm just a bit confused as to what the heck happend. There's a whole bunch more to the story, but let me know what you guys think.

Sounds like maybe she is afraid to get close to someone, or she all of a sudden lost interest in you. You have tried to contact her a few different ways. Let her contact you now, but don't be waiting around for her.

• Author
Sounds like maybe she is afraid to get close to someone, or she all of a sudden lost interest in you. You have tried to contact her a few different ways. Let her contact you now, but don't be waiting around for her.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it now. If she calls, great, if not...well I had a great time. I really think it's the closeness thing. Just seems unlikely you could lose interest in someone overnight. She had called me Saturday night, she was upbeat, joking, just having a great time. That was our last communication. All of a sudden Sunday it just really seemed something was different. Weird...oh well.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it now. If she calls, great, if not...well I had a great time. I really think it's the closeness thing. Just seems unlikely you could lose interest in someone overnight. She had called me Saturday night, she was upbeat, joking, just having a great time. That was our last communication. All of a sudden Sunday it just really seemed something was different. Weird...oh well.

Some people are just weird like that. I'll never understand that. I would like to, but I never will. Trust me when I say that we all have met those type. All that is left to say is: next! Good luck with the next gal.

• Author

So she sends me an e-mail late this afternoon and proceeds to give me the "I'm so busy" routine, so I don't know when we'll chat, but it will be soon. Soon basically meaning never. Hey, I'm not stupid. So quite nicely I replied and said, hey no worries, do your thing, give me a buzz when there's time. This message I also found was deleted by her.

So yeah, she's totally flaked out and I know I'll never figure out why, so I just won't bother trying. Ahhh, the joys of dating. As you've all said....NEXT!

Thanks for the input folks.