problem with a friend

ziggyman

Hey,

I've got a rather sensitive question to ask, and need some advice before i explode!

I am at uni and I have a friend who i share a house with, 6 of us in total. im back from the summer now and I find out he has been going on about how much he wants to be with me (again). I have told him that im not gay (even though when i was younger till about 19 i explored with friends). He treats me almost like we are in a relationship sometimes, with the texts like 'wish i was there when u arrived' or 'will you come meet me at the station when i get back home' and things like that.

Its horrible to say, but i just wish i was rid of him, cause i have fun without him, I do have fun with him too, and he can be sweet and carring, but i need him to stop sending me txt's like we were together. If i tell him this I know he will just say something like its just cause your my best friend' though i know its not from my other housemates.

I'm not the kinda guy that can argue very well with people about this kind of subject, and usually end up just trying to ignore it, to avoid upset even if its upsetting me. I dont want to say anyhting cause I have to live with him, but I just wish he would be like all my other friends who will leave me alone, but also can go for a beer or out to a movie, and feel like I can talk to my other friends at the same time.

Im a bit upset and drunk right now, but please, i need help. I have talked to some of my housemates, but they don't know what to do. should I just get through uni and leave and that be the end of it? I havent had a girlfriend yet at uni (its not his fault or anything) but he lies and bull****s to people, and I know that if i did find a girl i wanted (and it lasted more than a week or a night :p) then he would try and drive them away.

Cheers

Ziggy

Why don't you start bringing your dates to the house? Maybe if he sees you with women, he'll start to accept that you aren't gay.

I've had this problem before, unfortunately just like there are straight guys who can't seem to accept that a girl isn't interested in him, there are a lot of gay men who can't seem to accept that another man is straight.

I would tell him that you are flattered, but;

1. You are not interested in the slightest.

2. He needs to respect your decisions.

3. If he doesn't you will be forced to file a sexual harrassment grievance with the landlord and the university.

Unfortunately sometimes you just have to put your foot down and make them understand that you aren't his 'type'.

Be careful though, put a lock on your room door, you don't want him stealing your underwear. :p