Anyone ever have a longterm space friendship?

flyingspaghetti

flyingspaghetti

Anyone ever have a friendship really fall apart and then later you converged with someone? Such as months or even years later? I would like to read stories on this. If you guys don't mind, can you share the basics of what happened, what healed over time, and where there any apologies going on, etc, etc? And, how's the friendship like now?

I need personal experiences because I was telling some friends of mine I read it was possible. They asked me, "Where did you hear about this?" I said "online forums", but I can't remember which online forums or what. They find it hard to believe, so I wanted to know if I was just dreaming or if it really was on forums. Thanks.

Back in high school I was friends with a group of guys who lived in my neighborhood. Toward senior year we had a fight and stoped being friends. Just recently I got in touch with them online and we started being friends again after a few years of not talking...

yep, my best friend from college. We shared an apartment for about two years, and I loved him dearly, like a twin brother. At one point, about a year after I graduated, I was really, really unhappy and moved out without discussing it with him, and dropped the relationship like cold turkey. And it grieves me to think about it, because didn't deserve that kind of treatment. Looking back, I think it might have been my first bout with depression, because one of the signs is wanting to drop or get out of something I've normally enjoyed. Like my relationship with him.

fast forward two or three years, and I'm a cub reporter at a newspaper across the state. One day at work, a letter shows up from him asking to give him a call and let me know how I'm doing, he's missed our friendship. I called, we talked and we've been best buds again since then. I pretty much still get choked up by the infinite mercy and love he's shown by that act, because he's such a dear, dear friend, and now I've got his wife to love, too!

I asked his forgiveness, and he gave it. I guess the hallmark of a true friendship is that time and distance apart can't really change it ... even if it's because you've done something stupid you can't explain. The love of that friendship is stronger than anything else ...