Coming to and end.

last_remaining_light

last_remaining_light

So my so called "friend" of quite a few years seems to have dropped off the planet. My phone calls don't get returned, my emails rarely get replied to. Ocassionally, I'll get a message saying how busy he is. I'm pretty sick and tired of hearing/seeing the word "busy"...::)

But I guess I would like other peoples opinions on what they would do in this situation.

I will give him credit, he started a family in the last year, new girl, new baby, so that would account for him being busy. But 1 year later and he can't find the time to send a quick email just to say "Hi"? Is it unreasonable for me to think like that?

I've tried to talk to him about all this, even sent a super long email message that went into pretty deep detail of how I felt about the situation, and how I felt that the two of us didn't really relate anymore. He promised he would reply to my message in one form or another. That was 1 year ago.

I can imagine some people might think it strange to hold on to someone who doesn't seem to want to be friends anymore for that long. Thing is, we were in high school together, college, and always seemed to get along great. The best of friends. I have an insanely small social group so keeping the friends I have is really important to me.

Again, guess I'm just looking for opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting a family is a really big deal, especially when he feels responsible for working to support them as well as being a father. It sounds like he's just moved on to a different lifestyle than you. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you personally, so don't take it that way. It's also possible that he doesn't want to offend his partner by having close relationships with other women, or he's just not interested in friendships right now. Again, don't take it personally.

If your social circle is that small, try doing different activities, try new things where you can meet new people and expand your social circle. I know when a bunch of my friends started getting married, having kids, and moving to the suburbs, my circle of friends dwindled considerably...it's just what happens with no bad intentions.

whichwayisup

His life has changed and he has a family now.

I suggest you call him and let him know you'd love to meet his baby! His priorities may have changed and he may be only into his family, nothing else. I highly doubt you did anything wrong..Sometimes life just gets in the way.

NJ, the poster is a he, not a she.

NJ, the poster is a he, not a she.

Oops! :laugh:

Well, except for the bit about friendships with other women, I'd still say the same...