Your Best Friend's Spouse....

amaysngrace

amaysngrace

I have a thing for my friend's husband. I think it's really weird that I'm so attracted to him, because I know pretty much all of his bad traits, thanks to her venting to me. Still, it doesn't change things.

Am I the only person that this has happened to?

Am I the only person that this has happened to?

I think it happened, like, one other time. But you don't want to know how that turned out.

A cute butt is a cute butt - even if it's hairy.

• Author
amaysngrace
I think it happened, like, one other time. But you don't want to know how that turned out.

A cute butt is a cute butt - even if it's hairy.

LOL No, really I'd like to know how it turned out. I hope I'm not letting on that I dig him, but she probably knows me well enough to know already.

She says that when she's dead she's going to leave me her husband in her will.

I'm thinking I'm attracted to him because he's 'safe'. Not in an STD way, just nice to think about but nothing will ever become of it. Does that make sense?

CrushedOrgans

I'm thinking I'm attracted to him because he's 'safe'. Not in an STD way, just nice to think about but nothing will ever become of it. Does that make sense?

yes, i think it definitely does make sense.

It absolutely makes sense. Sounds you like you have an innocent crush. Innocent enough that your friend can joke about it. Just be careful. Some people mistake crushes for love....but that doesn't sound like you so...just enjoy the fluttery feelings while they last.

WithOrWithoutYou

What you are describing (having feelings for a good friend's spouse) is actually very common, and normal. The hard part is not acting on it. You should not act on it, and the reasons go without saying (little things like friendship, loyalty, decency, and honor). :)

Don't feel bad about having the feelings, just don't do anything about them. You owe that much to your friend, if she really is your friend.

• Author
amaysngrace
What you are describing (having feelings for a good friend's spouse) is actually very common, and normal. The hard part is not acting on it.

I know it. A while back she was away and he asked me to come by and have a drink with him. I had to say no. I just don't trust myself around him.

Thanks for making me feel normal, though. I thought I was the only freak who would fantasize about my friend's SO. ;)

I thought I was the only freak who would fantasize about my friend's SO. ;)

You're still a freak. Just kidding. So, really - you might not have enough willpower to stop it slipping in? He must be powerful stuff!

• Author
amaysngrace

He just seems like he's so much fun. I would so love to have fun with him! He is like me in a guy!

Ever meet someone like that?

He is like me in a guy!

If you're in a guy, then who's in you?? Oh, right - he must be in you!

• Author
amaysngrace
If you're in a guy, then who's in you?? Oh, right - he must be in you!

You didn't answer my question. Did you ever meet a girl who seemed like she was the female version of yourself?

You didn't answer my question. Did you ever meet a girl who seemed like she was the female version of yourself?

That's a very deep question! I would say that my sense of humour is a very, very acquired taste. And very few people really "get" me.

So I would say I'm lucky enough if I can find somebody that appreciates my wackiness. Or can tolerate it, haha.

I am yet to meet a girl that is anything like me (in that department, at least).

Probably tomorrow! :love::bunny:

• Author
amaysngrace
So I would say I'm lucky enough if I can find somebody that appreciates my wackiness. Or can tolerate it, haha.

:bunny:

Yeah but your wackiness is only one aspect of yourself. Unless it carries out to other areas of your life. Like I mean, you're wacky all-around.

Personally I think it's good to be that way. I'm kind of like that myself. I crack me up and thoroughly enjoy myself too.

Probably cause when my exH told me to go f**k myself, I said "I would but I'd fall in love" and know what? It happened. :)

That's a very deep question! I would say that my sense of humour is a very, very acquired taste. And very few people really "get" me.
I'm not sure what you mean by this...

Probably cause when my exH told me to go f**k myself, I said "I would but I'd fall in love" and know what? It happened. :)

Ahhh, I love your answer - I hope if anyone ever says that to me, I'll be able to remember that line. I may just have to provoke someone.

I used to have a Martin Mull comedy album that had a song on it "I'm everyone I've ever loved (all rolled into one.)" Just one of the formative elements of my youth...

Ahh Martin Mull - a funny, funny guy.

Let me tell you a tale of meeting a guy who's just like you. I did. Not exactly like me but enough that people even thought we were brother and sister sometimes (resemblance-wise both personality and physically). We shared all the same tastes. Enjoyed each other's company immensely. So we got married.

In the end, we shared too many tastes. Including men. Yup, eventually he realized he was gay. So you maybe want to rethink the 'just like me' thing in a 'be careful what you wish for because you just might get it' kinda way :lmao:

WithOrWithoutYou
He just seems like he's so much fun. I would so love to have fun with him! He is like me in a guy!

Ever meet someone like that?

Interesting question. I can't say that I've ever run into "me in a skirt" completely, but I have known a couple women in my life that I had so much in common with that sometimes it felt that way.

Ahh Martin Mull - a funny, funny guy.

Let me tell you a tale of meeting a guy who's just like you...

Actually, when I said it was formative, I should have clarified that it was formative in terms of my sense of humor (and in this case, specifically, irony.) I don't think I became that person - the idea of meeting my doppelganger in the opposite sex... Hmmm, I don't know. I've always appreciated someone with complementary differences.

• Author
amaysngrace
Interesting question. I can't say that I've ever run into "me in a skirt" completely, but I have known a couple women in my life that I had so much in common with that sometimes it felt that way.

So did you pursue them? How'd it go?

Maybe it goes to the thinking that you attract what you are, eh?

WithOrWithoutYou
So did you pursue them? How'd it go?

Maybe it goes to the thinking that you attract what you are, eh?

I don't want to discourage you, so I probably should not say...

But since you asked.

One was a best friend turned lover, and she eventually ended it. Friendship pretty much ended along with the romantic relationship.

The other cheated on me, and married someone else for reasons she still does not fully understand (according to what she said). Ironically, we are still friends, although not incredibly close friends for obvious reasons.

Life is strange, so your results may vary. I hope they do. ;)