Good friend moved and now she never speaks to me

pearlsasinger

pearlsasinger

A girl, one of my best friends and former college roommates, moved away about a year and a half ago. She kept in touch at first, but then less and less. Now I feel she has made a conscious effort to cut me off, as well as her other many friends from this town. I feel very hurt.

I started to hear less from her after she dropped out of our other friend's wedding. She was supposed to be a bridesmaid and she emailed a couple weeks before and said was "forced out of her job" for taking too much time off work and that she couldn't afford to take that weekend off at her new job, so she'd have to drop out of the wedding.

There were some rumors going around that she stole money from the store she used to work at here and, then when she was transfered to another branch of the same retail store, did the same there. A once very close friend to her here that worked directly with her said that she knew for a fact that she stole money. But the one friend she still talks to from college said the claims are totally false.

I've tried to keep an open mind about it but I just can't imagine why else she would stop talking to all of us. I told her how I felt, that I was hurt she basically dropped our friendship and all of this. Still, I hear nothing. I figured maybe she's just going through a really bad and busy time right now. But today I found her myspace page and it looks like she has a very active social life in her new town despite work and going to college. She seems happy and like she doesn't have a care or wonder in the world about her old friends back here. If she made a mistake with her old job, I don't even care! I just miss my friend. Seeing it made me feel like I hardly knew her and it hurts. Is there any hope for this friendship or should I let it go?