If a girl tell's her guy friend that they are no longer friends......

is it only temporary. Back in April, it seemed that my friendship with a girl I had become very close too was at an end. She was in someways like my only real friend. For me having friends is a big deal because its hard, and there don't seem to be many that consider me a friend and I feel forgotten and left out. No one seems to care. Everybody else I see is always with someone of with others, with me, I am always alone. The only phone calls i get are from family. No friends ever call because I'm not that important to them. I feel I don't fit in. I had a friend for 2 1/2 years and she was like the only one i ever did anything with whenever i did something with someone. We were just friends, and she said she was in no way attracted to me. She thought that I was attracted to her and thought i like her more than a friend. It seemed that way to her from reading my journal. I don't think she understood me about it, If you had one real good friend in your life that really meant anything, wouldn't it naturally seems you like them more because there is no one else, even when you don't want them as a girlfriend. In the first few months I did wonder where the friendship would go, but then I reallized that we were just meant to be friends, and I couldn't be happier. Things got rough in the last 8 months of our friendship. She and her boyfriend felt that i was kind of stalking her in ways, yet she continued to keep in touch with me. She had had 3 previous boyfriends during our friendship. She told me I had changed. I've been unsure off whether i am gay or straight. She thinks i'm gay and I guess that bothers her that i'm unsure. In april I thought things were over. We didn't talk. I blocked her on Yahoo! Messenger. In the last week I decided to unblock her and then she IMed me the other evening and we chatted for a bit. Whats up, do you think the end of our friendship is at an end?

pearlsasinger
She was in someways like my only real friend. For me having friends is a big deal because its hard, and there don't seem to be many that consider me a friend... In the last week I decided to unblock her and then she IMed me the other evening and we chatted for a bit. Whats up, do you think the end of our friendship is at an end?

Hey Jutty, Maybe she felt too much pressure being your one and only friend and was worried you were developing too much a dependence on her. Maybe you should focus on making some new friends for the time being (do something in the community...volunteer, sing in choir, sports). You don't have to have tons of friends but having a few different friends is nice in general, because being someone's only friend is a lot of pressure. If she's just being a fairweathered friend, well then you have to consider whether she's even worth worrying about.

Everyone feels like they don't fit in at some point in their lives, so don't worry, you'll come out of this.