is my best friend betraying me(sorry so long)

wonderedsoul

You see my best friend at the moment is a girl i met while i was attending college. she is the only friend that lives locally, most all others live in other states. well a guy friend i had in high school has shown up in my life again, he was in the marines for four years and just got back from his second tour in Iraq. i had feelings for the boy even back then, it just wasn't the time. at the tender age of 18 there was no way i was going to date a guy who wasn't even 17 yet, but that didn't erase the fact of liking him. we kinda went our own separate ways and i knew he had enlisted in the marines we had some mutual friends and i got to hear how he was doing every now and then.

get to the point right?????

okay he's back and i like him. im 24 and he is 22 going on 23. there is just a connection i feel at times. problem is that he isn't ready to settle just yet, he got a "dear john" letter from his fiance' in Iraq. and he wants to be 22 at the moment. this is fine with me. im not looking for a relationship seriously any time soon.

the root of my problem is with my best friend. she believes that now she has met him and that he reminds her of some marine friends that she knows that she wants to hang out more often with him. fine and dandy. but she would rather i not be there......is this what a normal friend would ask even knowing the feelings of the other person. i mean i want to trust her, but she really hasn't given me much to go on considering she intensly flirts with him and does all the moves i know she has when she is after someone. am i the one with problem here? am i wrong for wanting to feel that she is going to betray me in some way? I NEED HELP! anyone out there??