Lost my best friend but am not sad

blackendangel13

blackendangel13

I met this chick through a friend of mine and we really hit it off, which is strange for me since I don't have many female friends. I relate better to guys and am a tom boy so I have only had one good girl-friend in my life (she went into the army years ago and we lost touch). Anyway, we had been hanging out weekly and talking daily for months. We went out for her birthday and what not. When mine came around a month ago I scheduled 4 days during the week (I took a week off work) to party and enjoy my birthday since most of my friends had busy schedules.

The first was my birthday dinner. Out of 13 people I invited 3 people came. I was heartbroken. She called me and I was in tears about everyone bailing on me. Then she bailed with an EXTREMELY lame excuse. The next day (my actual birthday) she bailed on a bar outing without even wishing me a happy birthday. She bailed on me the entire week.

Now this was the end of November. Since the blow off I have distanced myself from everyone who blew me off because I was hurt. Not only that but these were people who have blown me off before. I thought she was different. We still talk about once or twice a week but do not hang out anymore.

Well Saturday she was having a party and I was excited to go. It wasn't her birthday but one for a friend. I ended up partying too much the night before and in addition to a hangover I was ill with the flu. I cancelled all plans on Saturday and stayed in. She said it was cool but then secretly bitched about me to a mutual friend. What the hell? She bailed on me on my actuall birthday and had the nerve to get mad at me for being sick and missing a party? I don't get it. Just needed to rant a little.