Can we ever be friends again?

guest79

One of my best friends and I almost started dating a few months ago. Things didn't work out and I took it really hard. I couldn't let go of it and kept bugging her about it. Eventually my anger and resentment caused me to say a lot of stupid things to her. One day I'd be real nice and happy, and then the next I'd be accusing her of lying to me or badgering her about trying to be more than friends. Everytime I'd say or do something dumb, I'd apologize profusely. But then I'd do something else stupid a few days later.

She finally I guess had enough the other day and told me not to contact her again. We work together and she said for us to just keep our relationship at that.

I know that I've really screwed up, but I still really care about her. I've had a really crappy year and have been so depressed about so many things. I just used her as a convenient scapegoat because I couldn't deal with my problems. But, this has been a wakeup call. I know that if she'd agree to be my friend again that I would NEVER say or do the stupid things I used to do. I've told her this and I've apologized so many times, but she doesn't believe me. I guess you can only say "I'm sorry" so many times before it loses it's meaning.

How can I get her back as a friend if she won't even talk to me and see that things are/will be different? I mean, it's only been a couple of days, so maybe in time things will be different.