time bomb? long

Quick background:

Person/ ex friend is female in late 40s was having a serious rough time with finances, foreclosure ect..... I stepped up to the plate to help. Sent out probably around $1,000 in cash, paid car payments (was paid back for this), allowed this person to move in for brief period of time with H and myself. This person would not even wash a dish or clean up while under our roof. (obviously was depressed so I did not push it).

She would listen in on phone calls and answer the phone even tho she was asked not to. She got very involved with conversations with my H friend about him..... H-friend revealed conversations. We ignored thinking that she was very upset over finances, felt alone ect....let it slide because she was having a rough time.

This person got angry when husband and I did not include her in all our activities. We wanted some alone time and went to dinner without inviting her after running errands... not planned just happened. She had a fit and told me that she did not deserve to be treated like this. :eek: stomped out crying the next morning.

I recieved a phone call later stating that she was sorry and just upset.... too late for me to forgive the multiple actions..... I was to the point and rather cold and told her she was no longer welcome in our life or our home...done deal. I was not nasty, just to the point. Wished her well...... the end... I thought?????

Later that week her bf calls and asked us about what has happened and revealed that she had lied to us about many many things.... we are among others this has happened to with her. :eek:

Husband then recieves email that I am evil, and basically should dump me ASAP.... H and I laughed like hell over this...... but my god what balls she had to do so! She would just praise him to me over and over telling me how wonderful he is (which 99% of the time he is) so kinda thought she had some odd fixation on him........ who knows....... who cares....... he would not touch her with a 10' pole...but adds to the current problem I think.

So here is the current problem:

She recently emailed me asking for our address....... I ignored it....DELETE.

Then emailed again stating she had a check for me in a bold manner of sorts......... I did reply telling her I never expected repayment and hoped she was well. The end. She emailed again.......

How the hell do you get a person like this outta your life!????? Do I take the damn check to shut her up or is it another way of her trying to meddle in our life? Short of a restraining order what the hell do you do? Obviously ignoring her does not help. There are many more creepy things that have happened with her in the past but may or may not be relevant to current problem. She seems to fixate on things and people and not let go.

I imagine a restraining order may do more harm then good as she is quite good a fabricating lies..would become more angry.... we bought many of her stories....until Bf and other people contacted us telling us to beware.... I consider her dangerous to our business and she could damage us with outright lies..... I feel like I am diffusing a damn bomb.

Which wire do I snip...... the red or blue one?

a4a

What a nut case! Sheesh! Could it be she's trying to turn her life around? Maybe that's why it's so important for her to give you the check. I would take the check, thank her and wish her luck in life. Then (hopefully) you will have permanently closed the door on her. She should have no further reason to contact you after paying you back.

• Author

Thanks Coco..... I am skeered..... really am.... I hate the drama of this crap.... I just reread the email she sent my husband..... pretty blatant threats in there about our business... "she better watch her step" "you never know what could happen" ect.... Of course she could not really do anything but cry wolf to anyone about us..... however she could cry loud enough to create drama that we do not deserve or need.

I wonder if I take the check if that is her way of then trying to get the door back open???...... in other words in her mind "she has the right to do as she pleases as she no longer owes us".

I cannot see how I can just disappear on this..... the only thing I can do is hope she goes away......I do have an attorney with a copy of the email that was prepared to write a cease and disist letter to her..... based on slander and threats against our business and persons....... I did not follow thru because of worries of fanning the flames....... 3 months later its back in my face.

a4a- a monkey in hand is better than 2 in your bush?

You're welcome a4a!

No, someone that insane and unstable will screw with you whether you take the check or not if they really want to. I think you have more to lose by not taking the check. I really think she'll take that as an affront. It could provoke her further. Take the check and if she STILL continues to harrass you, then proceed with legal action.

(By the way, it DOES sound like she wants your man's man puddin':laugh:)

• Author
You're welcome a4a!

No, someone that insane and unstable will screw with you whether you take the check or not if they really want to. I think you have more to lose by not taking the check. I really think she'll take that as an affront. It could provoke her further. Take the check and if she STILL continues to harrass you, then proceed with legal action.

(By the way, it DOES sound like she wants your man's man puddin':laugh:)

No doubt Coco.. I think she does..... she would make subtle attempts to get us to squabble in her presence. I think she was more interested in having a roof over her head and $ tho then man puddin' or maybe all 3. My H is pretty hot........ all she would do is talk about how hot he was, and how great he was and that I should worship him and so lucky to have him....she also had directions to his home printed out at her home.......weird.......weird......weird.......We all met through business about the same time.... it could be she did have her eye on him and I landed the deal before she could.... not that H would have taken her on at all.....buttttt.

Pretty unreal situation....... I fed her, cleaned up after her.... then she bites me....then wants my mans puddin? :eek:

a4a- monkey did a piff

A4A...this woman is a nut-case and needs psychiatric intervention. Cease all contact with her (NC :laugh:). Chances are that most of the people who already know her personally know that she's unstable and a nut-case so they won't blame you for anything. Just stay away from her and if she contacts you or H again tell her you'll go to the authorities.