are we just friends or........................

truelyaqua

hi,

my problem is kind of weird and very hard to explain but as i need help....here goes....

i have a really close friend who used to put me kind of on a pedestal, was there for everything important in my life came places only when i was there called me everyday and night spoke till sunrise etc....but a couple of yrs ago he started cing this gurl ...during his relationship he kind off stopped all sorts of communication suddenly and then wud call n say i was not there for him and he was going thru weird times n needed to find himself and tht he cud not be with me for sometime...

after he temporarily split with his gurl he started calling me when he was drunk when he wanted to talk and kept telling me how he did not want to loose me,how much cares for me....then his gurl came back and he became distant again...and now he wants to be frends again...the problem is i dont think i understand him nemore and did he care abt me at netime in a diff way or is it normal for such behaviour ?is he using me?

i mean yeah i care abt him and all the good times we had earlier but i just cant seem to get used to all this ...i cant be in a grey area i like things black n white....

also when we are together i feel really good n happy and i heart of heart do not want to loose him ,but this cannot continue ...i have spoken to him abt it but nuthing seems to work...

please help me figure this one out.....i am very confused abt all these signs...did he ever like me or is it platonic is it ok to be soo close to someone and not have attraction...

ps:he has not broken off in his relationship permanently.

aqua