Deal with a friend who you never see...

bluebear2364

bluebear2364

Last year, I met a good friend while studying abroad during the summer. He's from LA, and I'm from Toronto, so it's not like we can meet up for drinks every now and then. He recently flew up to visit the city and I, and we had a wonderful time. I had a wonderful time, showing him the city, and just spending time together. He's left now, and I can't help but feel alone. I have many great friends in my own city, but it's never a positive thing to see a friend depart, for a year, a few, or many never. Any advice to help me "deal" with it? He's a good friend of mine, and I'll try to visit LA next year. But let's face it, keeping a long distance friendship is hard, especially when you've meet only for a few weeks one year, and a few weeks another.

Originally posted by bluebear2364

But let's face it, keeping a long distance friendship is hard, especially when you've meet only for a few weeks one year, and a few weeks another.

It's not hard at all.......how about email? Or instant messenger? With those two things at your disposal, you two can "talk" everyday if you want to. And then you won't feel alone anymore. I have many friends who I instant chat with, in different states, and it makes me feel wonderful to see how their day is going.