Roommate's friend dated my ex

Watercolors

Watercolors

My roommate had a friend over recently, whom I met once before years and years ago, so when she mentioned the name of her dog I immediately remembered who she was and brought up the cad's name who dated the two of us at the same time.

In hindsight, I'm worried that this will create awkwardness between my roommate and I now. But at the same time, I don't feel like I should have to apologize for knowing the same people my roommate does, even if it was under weird circumstances like she and I both dating this guy who was a total cad.

She and I briefly reminisced about what a cad he was -- how the women he dated were all awesome, but he was a real jerk. Then we laughed and she left and my roommate walked her friend out to her car and they chatted for about 15 minutes (I don't know about what I was inside).

When she came back inside, my roommate acted weirdly silent towards me so I have know idea if it's because I brought up that idiot guy from more than a decade ago that her friend and I both dated briefly at the same time. Her friend is married (I'm not). So I don't see it as an issue, but for some reason, I'm paranoid it will become a reason for my roommate with me. I'm not sure why though. Any ideas?

at least it will be an ice breaker for striking up a conversation, although on the other hand is he worth talking about,

El mundo es un pañuelo) spanish/mexican phrase- "the world is a napkin"

• Like 1

Since the woman wasn't offended, let it be. Life happens. There is overlap, 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon & all that. :laugh: Just don't be awkward around your roommate. If you act like it's no big deal it will be no big deal, just one of those things, then life goes on. Do not continue to talk about it though.

• Like 1