Was I wrong to not tell my friend her ex is dating her friend?

I've known my friend Jodie for around 2 years. I remained friends with her and her ex-boyfriend Harley after they broke up about 3 months ago. They obviously don't get along with eachother, but despite that I was on good terms with both of them.

Recently, Jodie's close friend Leah got together with Harley. I knew about it and decided it was best to not get involved in the situation, and not tell Jodie. Leah was also close friends with Harley back when he and Jodie dated. Im friends with Leah too, to make things more complicated.

Anyway, fastforward a few weeks, Jodie finds out about them two. She gets quiet upset and cuts contact with me, Harley and Leah. I found that she deleted me on Snapchat.

So yeah. Was I wrong to not tell her about it? Let me know what you guys think. Honest opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed bad link

The link doesn't work.

Be that as it may if your message said something like you are sorry she's hurt but you were simply trying to avoid hurting her feelings. You didn't want to be the messenger or the gossip. If she's a good friend she will be OK with it. If she remains annoyed, good riddance.

• Like 2

I don't see why Jodie should still be annoyed over her ex boyfriend dating and seeing her other friend Leah, They are not together anymore, They are incompatible and didn't get along so why should it bother her?

I don't see how she can still love him if they don't always get along??

I'd say...leave her to cool off and if she still hasn't talk to you then leave it.

You did the right thing in not saying anything because it's not like the boyfriend cheated on her, They were not together.

The link doesn't work.

Be that as it may if your message said something like you are sorry she's hurt but you were simply trying to avoid hurting her feelings. You didn't want to be the messenger or the gossip. If she's a good friend she will be OK with it. If she remains annoyed, good riddance.

hmmmm.....In my honest opinion I think Its not bad that she maintained neutrality. The two friends should just reconcile and move on.

hmmmm.....In my honest opinion I think Its not bad that she maintained neutrality. The two friends should just reconcile and move on.

I agree with you but the hurt friend may not see it this way. We can only help / counsel the person who posted.