my friend have still yet to return my money

Hey!

I buyed him tickets to the cinema. It was 95 Norwegian kr which is actually expensive. 95kr will get you a kebab with soda here in Norway. (Soda included as in menu) He has not returned it after 1 week has gone by

When we met he asked me if it’s okay that he uses he’s own 95kr as a way of paying me back, just without the cash.... which means I have to buy things like popcorn, soda, candy bars, chocolate and so on, so that the total will be 90 or 95kr

I said: «Actually no because I need to get it back in order for me to save money instead of spending it on candy’s that I don’t want»

He replied: «Sure we meet again on saturday then I can give you your 95kr in cash»

Well he didn’t and when I was trying to give him a reminder he dodged that with changing the topic.

Obviously he was not too happy with me giving him a reminder but at the same time you have to give money back so it would be even. This could potentially ruin our friendship just because he refuses to give me my money back.

Clearly he is not a good friend... just taking advantage of the money I earn on my jobs. That’s a fake friend alert hahha

You learned a lesson. Some people are deadbeats. This guy is one of them.

There is a reason Shakespeare said "Never a borrower or a lender be."

• Like 1
  • Author
You learned a lesson. Some people are deadbeats. This guy is one of them.

There is a reason Shakespeare said "Never a borrower or a lender be."

He gave me my money back but is now ignoring my calls and text. Either he is busy or he’s doing that intentionally because he don’t want to be friends with me.

Oh well :)

He gave me my money back but is now ignoring my calls and text. Either he is busy or he’s doing that intentionally because he don’t want to be friends with me.

Oh well :)

good riddance Tag

Don't be so hasty. Give him some time. Maybe you are still friends. He is probably irked that you did not trust him with the debt. A week is not long and the money small. I'd rather have a friend to go places who owes me some money than no friend at all, personally. It's only money.

GorillaTheater

Just for perspective, this is the equivalent of ten bucks and change. Not the sort of money I'd hound anybody over.

The next time you two are out, just tell him the kebab's on him.

• Like 2
Just for perspective, this is the equivalent of ten bucks and change. Not the sort of money I'd hound anybody over.

The next time you two are out, just tell him the kebab's on him.

Agreed,

be careful if you ever get in with gambling friends, different ball game.

• Author
Don't be so hasty. Give him some time. Maybe you are still friends. He is probably irked that you did not trust him with the debt. A week is not long and the money small. I'd rather have a friend to go places who owes me some money than no friend at all, personally. It's only money.

For me a week is long because I can’t trust him. If I didn’t give him a reminder I could have been waiting for 3 weeks or longer.

I don’t even see us as «friends» anymore because trust is a part of a good friendship. And we don’t have that. He used to pay back the same day or he would take iniative to ask me to hang out. What I mean is that he’s behaviour towards me have changed and I know that it’s my fault... I just can’t think of the reason he is like that

His hands could have also been tied and he was unable to pay back the debt on time, hence that's why he was later than normal. Don't worry about it.