Unsure how she really feels about me

I have a female friend that I've known for 24 years. I met her at work. We were both unmarried. We spent a lot of time together at work and away from work as friends. I eventually got married to another girl, then she got married to a guy. We still stayed close but no sex. We had an emotional connection. Time went on and she got a divorce. I stayed married. We were still close and we emailed and texted every 1 or 2 weeks. I moved out of state. We continue to text each other for about 13 years now. She has always helped me with problems. Anything I need help with. I do the same for her. We say I love you to each other on occasion. She has a boyfriend now and he doesn't want to get married to her. She says she is lonely often.

She says she cares about me

I don't know if she loves me as a friend or if she is romantically interested in me. But the thing is I don't want to lose her from my life. That's why i dont want to ask her. I know its wrong but I yearn for her. More now than before.

A few questions to help us respond - do you want to stay married? What do you want your relationship with this old friend to look like?

As to how she feels about you, she most likely does have romantic feelings toward you, not just friendly ones.

Sounds like friendship to me. If you ask about more, it will ruin the friendship. Moreover are you ready to divorce your wife? You best do that before cheating.

It would have happened long ago if it was more than friendship on her part. You'll ruin your friendship if you confess feelings

I don't know if she loves me as a friend or if she is romantically interested in me. But the thing is I don't want to lose her from my life. That's why i dont want to ask her. I know its wrong but I yearn for her. More now than before.

You can meet up with her to have a better look if she’s interested or you could tell her how you feel.

This could go in your favour or not. It’s very risky and I will tell you.

If you choose to divorce it’s not 100% that the girl you want is going to marry you. If you don’t want a divorce with your wife just tell the girl that you want to be friends.

Commongoal123

How are things with your wife?

Are they good, and you've just gotten bored after so many years with her?

Or are they awful (and if so, can it be remedied)?

Do you have children together?

Whatever you do or don't do... be certain you aren't fantasizing that the grass is greener on the other side.... and if you've got a good thing going for you, dont **** it up for yourself and anyone involved.

-Common