Wedding invitation-should i go?

Hi everyone,

So a friend (S) of mine is getting married in 3 weeks. I found out via a common friend © who wanted to throw S a bachelor party and messaged me on fb about it. I told C that i didn't know about it but that I was very happy to hear the news and wished S and her husband them loads of happiness etc..So a few days later my friend S sends me a message on whatsapp inviting me to her wedding and asking me to rsvp soon.

Should I go to the wedding? It feels kinda ackward now.

I invited her to my wedding & pre wedding parties last year and we had a lot of fun

Also, among her guest list are people who have been gossiping me about me a lot ( i married outside my community, i'm from a strict religious background,long story) so that makes me not want to go, but my husband says that i shouldn't hide from people.

What would you do?

CautiouslyOptimistic

Personally, I would not go, but I can't speak for you.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

If you want to go, then go. If you don't want to, don't go. It's totally up to you. Most of us will be invited to plenty of weddings we won't attend for one reason or another before our lives are over.

I personally would probably go and have a blast. I love parties and party food and there will most likely be people there you'd enjoy visiting with. Also, imo it causes gossip to dissipate when you show up with a great smile on your face and greet everyone warmly as if no one has ever said a negative word about you!

probably better to go,

yes always best to mingle rather than cut yourself off as this can then manifest and leave you isolated from people,

you can always leave early if you are not enjoying it,

but hey ull end up having a good time and thinking to yourself what was I worrying about.

• Like 1

Obviously you are a C list invitee who only got asked because she is 3 weeks out & is not meeting her minimums. I would send a small gift but not go especially because there will be gossipy people there. Life is too short to be somebody else's afterthought. However if you really love weddings & think you would have fun, it's fine to go.

I wouldn't even do that

Even if it was a lame last minute invitation, it was still a wedding invitation. Thus it requires a gift. I'm not talking about anything significant. A $25 wine rack or something would be fine.

amaysngrace
Personally, I would not go, but I can't speak for you.

Me either.

You should be excited about going. If you aren’t, don’t go.

• Like 1
Even if it was a lame last minute invitation, it was still a wedding invitation. Thus it requires a gift...

I only give a gift if I actually go to the wedding.

The Outlaw

You can always throw caution to the wind and go. Forget what these people are saying about you. They've bored with their own lives so therefore they're talking about you. To heck with them. You don't have to stay long if you don't wish to. Just chat with them after the ceremony and you can be off. That's what I'd do.

• Like 2