Should I intervene?

I'm friends with a high school student. I met her last year at program my job hosts for promising students. She has book smarts but lacks interpersonal smarts so she often gets taken advantage by guys.

Last year, she brought her boyfriend to one of the meetings, he looked to be in his late 20's. As soon as I met him I knew he was a trouble. He ended up cheating on her and caused her a lot of turmoil. The last few months she has posted several photos with different men laying in bed. She has a new boyfriend and she keeps posting about wanting to have a baby.

She hasn't even graduated high school yet. I think she is going to make a big mistake and the guy will be gone. I'm not a close friend so I'm not sure it's my place to offer my advice on her personal business. I think she is really attractive but I don't have any real chemistry with her or else I would try and date her. I think the guys she has been dating are bottom of the barrel.

No, stay out of it. I know you just want to date her. Anyway, you can't influence her. Her parents are who needs to be paying attention to what's going on with her.

• Author
No, stay out of it. I know you just want to date her. Anyway, you can't influence her. Her parents are who needs to be paying attention to what's going on with her.

You know I just want date her? Get real. If I wanted to be with her I would. I hate that have you say something so moronic that just because I'm a guy and she's a girl that I can't genuinely be concerned about her.

You are what, late 20's ? she is a teen in high school who is according to you going thru a rough patch in her life and you want to help her ? why ?

Her parents are who should be helping her get thru her teens.. IMO...

I wouldn't try anything, too creepy and not your place however if you know her parents you might say something if you have her best interest in mind.

• Like 1
  • Author
You are what, late 20's ? she is a teen in high school who is according to you going thru a rough patch in her life and you want to help her ? why ?

So someone must be a close age to help another? I was a trouble maker in high school. I wish someone would've tried to help me. I sure wouldn't have given a care if they were 25, 47 or 100 years old.

Her parents are who should be helping her get thru her teens.. IMO...[/Quote]

She only has one parent who isn't around a lot. They were ok with that guy I mentioned so they weren't providing much help. Maybe I couldn't help either.

I know your heart is in the right place, but you're not a family friend or mentor. And a close friendship would be kind of weird with the age difference. Stay out of this one unless she comes to you for advice.

• Like 1