Should I tell friend's wife that her husband cheated on her?

Yesterday I was talking with some friends and found out that one of our friends cheated on his wife a few months ago. While she was in the same hotel. With two different women. After he invited his wife to said hotel and they're trying to have a baby.

I haven't talked to either of them in several months, well before this incident, and I don't feel like it's any of my business. But my boyfriend says I should tell her because this could and probably will affect her life in a big way. On the other hand though, I really feel that it isn't my place and I also feel like I'd be betraying the confidence of the friends who told me, since they expect it to stay on the DL and they don't want to be in trouble with their friend (the husband).

What should I do?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

I wouldn't do it unless there was some way for it to be done anonymously. Usually it just makes them distrust you instead of the spouse or wonder if you are trying to break them up so you can have him. Besides you haven't seen them in months. If she's at a hotel with her husband and he's gone long enough to have two hookups, she must not WANT to know.

Do you have proof of the affair other than someone’s word?

He is just going to tell everyone who will listen how crazy you are, how you have a thing for him and that you want him for yourself. He will absolutely make you out to be nuts. She will believe him because that’s her husband and he would never ever cheat. Are you prepared for that?

CautiouslyOptimistic
If she's at a hotel with her husband and he's gone long enough to have two hookups, she must not WANT to know.

OT, but this happened recently to a local business man/jewelry store owner while he was vacationing in NOLA with his wife. And his hookup, a prostitute, stabbed him to death! His poor wife.

OP, I might try to find a way to anonymously tell her. She's having unprotected sex, trying to make a baby, with this guy who could be giving her who-knows-what.

• Like 1
oceanblue12

That was a thought of mine as well CO....RISKY HEALTH WISE

Not mention, it's sleazy

ExpatInItaly
I was talking with some friends and found out that one of our friends cheated on his wife a few months ago. While she was in the same hotel. With two different women. After he invited his wife to said hotel and they're trying to have a baby.

How did they find this out?

Dandelioness

The probability of it being truth I suspect is high but this is hearsay information - gossip. I wouldn't get involved unless you had factual evidence or confessions from the source himself.. and even then, I'd word it as information you've been 'told' rather than it being a fact. In your case, you have neither. Don't get involved.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if my husband was cheating, I would want to know. Did you see them in action? If yes, then I think you should tell her. Be prepared for her to "unfriend" you, though.

But I agree with the others that if it's just gossip or someone's word, you shouldn't say anything.

• Like 1

OP, I might try to find a way to anonymously tell her. She's having unprotected sex, trying to make a baby, with this guy who could be giving her who-knows-what.

I agree, if it comes from a credible source and you think there is truth in this information. Normally I would say, mind your own business... but, she is trying to have a baby with this guy. I personally would want this information before I became pregnant and tied myself to this man for the rest of my life... It would be much less complicated to leave him and end the marriage if there are no children.

Edited by BaileyB

There seems to be a difference of opinion ........ Don't get involved v shine a light.

Option 1) Don't get involved: Watch as things unfold, the fallout, the divorce, the gossip.

Option 2) Shine the light: Blow it all up, be known as Nosey, be mistrusted in the future.

Personally I believe in option 2, however, try to minimize your involvement.

only tell her IF you are going to be there helping her to put her life together (6 months), for telling somebody that can only cause pain, grief and upheaval

and it could be just gossip... you'd need proof

As much as you want to, no. She'll more than likely find out one way or another.