I got angry... was this the right thing to do? **Updated**

Hey!

Me and my friend Aleks played foosball and he was really starting to annoy me when he was cheating by switching he's score to 2-3 goal more than me. Meaning every time I scored and the ball went out and I was going to get it he always switched the scoreboard.

I eventually got angry saying "I quit if you play dirty like that, it's no fun" He said sorry and we started again. Then he did the same thing. I just left the foosball table.

He convinced me to play but he said this: "It's a joke you're taking this to seriously" Am I? or am I just showing my competitive side? what do you think of it?

But that is not bothering me. What is bothering me is that he played dirty for the sake of just getting me angry.

Let me tell you that he even did it when we played stickball too! I said no cheating let's play the real game.

you know what happened? He used sofa's and table as a step to get near me. Yeah that's smart but it's against the rule.

I got mad and tok the ball and just ran at him. Meaning I played dirty just so he could taste he's own medicine.

When I asked him why he did that he told me that I didn't mention it when we were talking about the rules.

I told him this: U can't expect me to remember all those rules, I'm not an stickball expert. Also it is still logical that you can't play like that

So bottom line is: Yes I showed my competitive side and I might have overstepped it, but he did that just to get me mad. Why didn't he play dirty to other opponents but just me? Am I right playing dirty back so he could have he's own medicine? Let me know!

Edited by Tagalz
  • Author

Hey!

This is about friendship and not relationship related. Since I got no answer in my «friendship» post I tought I would try posting here to get some answer.

My friend Aleks was playing dirty when we played foosball. Everytime I went to get the ball he would switch the scoreboard so that he’s always 1-2 goals ahead of me. I got annoyed and told him to quit because it’s no fun playing with a cheater.

I left the foosball table because of that and we played stickball instead.

He played dirty here too! He used sofa and table as steps to come closer to me. It was a smart move of him but that is against the rule. That was it. I got angry, took the ball and ran at him. I gave him he’s own medicine by playing dirty too.

After the game I asked him why he played dirty and he told me that I didn’t tell him all the rules so he took advantage of it.

I said this: «What do you think I am? An expert who knows all the rules?»

All I wanted is to have fun but he was not into that. He wanted to play dirty to have fun with himself

Bottom line:As for foosball I can understand that he played dirty because he wanted to win. BUT why didn’t he play dirty to other and just did it to me? I think he did that on purpose to get me angry

Edited by Tagalz
todreaminblue

I feel if a game becomes competitive between friends......maybe you shouldnt play games together.....its ok to play differently for friends to have different codes of conduct...but if his behaviours makes you unhappy choose not to play games with that friend....and play games with friends who have similar codes of conduct to your code of conduct..

with the friend you have problems in games with....find something you can do together that doesnt allow competitive behaviour to take hold..like a smilar interest or activity..good luck..deb

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't play with cheaters, period. So don't play with him anymore. It's irksome.

Thanks!

If he did only play dirty to me and not the others that has to mean that he’s intention was to make me angry. That’s not a good behaviour. If he keeps having those intentions outside of games then he’s not a good friend to be with.

He’s still my friend tho!

• Like 1
  • Author

Hey!

On my recent thread about my friend Aleks I wrote that I got mad because he played dirty. I have my rights to get mad when he played dirty against me on stickball. He's intention was to make me angry all the time. Now that is not a good friend to be around.

We met again on tuesday to watch Champions League. He didn't act differently and was still being the way he used to be.

BUT now even when I send him a message or call him, he ignores me. I take that as him being distant but it could also be me overthinking. The reason could be that he's busy but noway that he's THAT busy to not even pick he's phone up.

That is why I'm a bit suspicious because I got angry at him that day, he felt to be distant with me. TBH I got angry because he's intentions was to make me angry. He got that. I don't see how he did that just to win, like on foosball I can understand because I was better than him. BUT on stickball and co operating with other players? nah

Edited by Tagalz

good advice for you is to be grateful you have a friend to watch the champions league with,

I also enjoy watching the champions league but my only social connection with it is text messaging.

do not take these squabbles as seriously, boys will be boys after all and will cheat at times to get an advantage,

stand your ground with him but learn not to loose your cool , your mate enjoys getting a rise out of you,( to annoy you!)

perhaps we mature somewhat (or a little) with age, lol I am 38 now but can see a lot of you in a younger me.

I imaging he is ignoring you to give things a chance to cool down,

leave it for a week without contact and all be fine again.