What should I say to my roommate?

I am going to college in a month and just received the name, phone number, and e-mail of my roommate. I want to know what should I say to make a good first impression.

greeneyedgirl23

These posts aren't very active. Lovingyou.com has very active forums. I do like this site though, but for faster responses you could check that one out as well.

as for your question... Just be yourself. Remember that you have to live with this person, so find something the two of you have in common and go from there.

I remember my first year in college....... everything will come naturally to you and you will have a blast!!!!!

Write to him saying that you are really looking forward to meeting him and would like to learn more about him. That way you will sound polite and interested in him rather than wanting to discuss yourself. Ask him a few specific questions to answer and then he won't have the same problem as you. Ideas for questions = What does he enjoy doing? What does he hate more than anything? If he was going out and had barely any money, would he go for a few drinks or go out for a meal? At the end of your message you could ask him to email some questions back that he would like you to answer. If the questions that I have suggested seem fairly uninteresting, write some humourous ones or quick fire questions like, 'Cat or dog?' Hope thats helpful Luv Samantha x

• 2 weeks later...

well as you are going to be with a room mate write a mail to him that you are going to be his room mate and introduce yourself. so do keep in touch with him through email so that when you meet for the first time you are comfortable with each other as you know each other. make his life comfortable and you also relax