I'm developing feelings for one of my close friends.

ThatOneGuy41

I've known this individual since last year and we became super close since then. She was, back then, my (ex) girlfriend's best friend. After things ended badly with my ex, we still remained friends. She was there for me and supported me through my ups and downs. After a moment of realization I started to notice that I started to develop feelings for her. People started to notice and rumors started going around, I've denied to her face, once. That I didn't like her fearing that it would spark tension in our friendship and would cause our friendship to become awkward. No signs shows that she sees me in that way whatsoever. But keeping all those feelings in really hurts. And I'm completely, utterly, conflicted on what to do. Also, not to mention that I'm not allowed to date. Therefore, If I decide to tell her how I feel it will merely just be for the sole reason of getting it off my chest. Nothing will happen afterwards. I really value and care for this individual in my life and wouldn't want anything happening to our friendship because of my feelings. Any tips on what to do?

May I ask why you are not allowed to date? Are you a student? You had a gf before and if I understand your story you are free. Anyway, going back to this friend, weigh first the reason why you plan to tell her. Is there a benefit. You will be able to get it off your chest but you might end up with more burden if the response is negative and she starts to avoid you, on the one hand, or, the response is positive but you cannot move forward since you’re not allowed to date. Based on my limited understanding of your situation, I would consider just hanging around and wait for that sign that she is beginning to really see you as more than a friend.

• Like 1
I've known this individual since last year and we became super close since then. She was, back then, my (ex) girlfriend's best friend. After things ended badly with my ex, we still remained friends. She was there for me and supported me through my ups and downs. After a moment of realization I started to notice that I started to develop feelings for her. People started to notice and rumors started going around, I've denied to her face, once. That I didn't like her fearing that it would spark tension in our friendship and would cause our friendship to become awkward. No signs shows that she sees me in that way whatsoever. But keeping all those feelings in really hurts. And I'm completely, utterly, conflicted on what to do. Also, not to mention that I'm not allowed to date. Therefore, If I decide to tell her how I feel it will merely just be for the sole reason of getting it off my chest. Nothing will happen afterwards. I really value and care for this individual in my life and wouldn't want anything happening to our friendship because of my feelings. Any tips on what to do?

This is an awkward situation that seldom produces the disired result. If you come right out and ask her on a date she will likely move on and if don’t you are not exploring women who will date you.

You realize from her manor is s she is not interested. Move on and find someone else.

• Like 1