Goodbye Loveshack Friends

Bama Belle

I want to thank everyone who helped me on the "Should I hug my husband?" thread. Almost every single one of you gave advice that was helpful and succinct, as opposed to a full page response by someone who would later accuse me of ranting in addition to other attacks on me personally. I tried to be succinct, but I was accused of being vague. And my ranting was stream of consciousness as things occurred to me. I can assure you I was not posting for the "Hell of it." And I think you all know I didn't have any hidden agendas...since I told you what they were.

I have to admit it was very frustrating, "Why would anyone would want a wreck to a healthy person for a friend?" which was the entire purpose for my post and only one person who attempted to answer it.

But most of you asked and said thought provoking things that helped me remember exactly why I was fortunate to have her out of my life-though I will always wish her well. If it seemed to the rest of you I was ranting, It was just stream of consciousness: me realizing while writing. So, if you too were bothered by my ranting it was very helpful to me. And I'm eternally grateful.

And I hope I helped those I advised. But I have an addictive personality and found myself spending too much of what "at home" time my job and volunteer work allow me. My kids are grown, but my big baby of a husband is complaining of being ignored.

So, this is my final post and my final visit. I wish I could say goodbye to some of you personally, but I"m afraid I might leave someone out. Goodbye, Love Shack friends. Remember, while advice is a worthy pursuit, "Trust your hunches. Hunches are usually facts filed below the conscious level"...Dr. Joyce Brothers

Fair Thee Well,

Bama Belle

• Like 1

If someone was being offensive to you, there's an 'Alert Us' button you can use. It allows you to report the post to the moderators and they will typically remove the post.