Should I continue to support my cheating friend?

ohboyohboy

Hello! This is my first time posting on this site, hopefully I'm in the proper forum. I'm having an issue on whether or not to be there for a friend who just...well, keeps on making poor life choices.

I have known him since high school, and while we were good friends back in the day, we have drifted a bit with time. I just recently became close with him again and then he made yet another series of poor decisions to make me step back a bit.

He has been married twice.

My ex-girlfriend and I were quite close with him and his first wife (whom he later, and even still to this day, will flip flop between demonizing and then praising...) He ended up having an affair for about a year before they got divorced. He claimed that the other woman was "his soulmate" and "love of his life." So I supported his decision to leave his wife for this new woman.

After he got divorced from his first wife, him and the other woman dated for about a year and a half before getting engaged and then married. Then everything seemed to go downhill a bit. They didn't seem lovey dovey anymore, people were beginning to question their relationship because they weren't hanging out together, and when they did...it was obvious that the chemistry just wasn't there. He would refer to her as his "shadow" at times.

After a year and a half he started having an affair with a mutual friends wife.

He seemed completely fine during the affair, happier even. Throughout the affair, he would continue to text and hangout with his affair partners husband (our friend) with no guilt. The only reason that the affair was exposed was because the other woman confessed to her husband so he had to tell his wife.He has a history of lying, so I don't think he will ever tell her the full truth.

Since the affair ended he has gone into hiding. He has isolated himself from all of his friends. People have asked me where he has been and what's going on, but I don't think it's my place to disclose the affair. I feel bad because I feel like I should be reaching out to him...but he is just, gone.

Do I even bother trying with someone like this? I value friendship but maybe it's undeserved on his end.

Sorry for rambling, I would appreciate any advice.

Edited by ohboyohboy

This dude seems to lack moral character.

These kinds of people tend to drag us down because things are so negative around them.

End it. That way it leaves room for friends who are positive and impact your life in a happy way.