what does it mean when a person smiles at you while waving

detour1

Hi

so for a while now we been saying hi to each other and its been going good we also fist bump and then say bye now i do work for a school but i am not a teacher or anything like that and am 23 male and he a male as well so yesterday i said hi to him and he said hi back and then he wave back with a smile and i did the same thing and then we fist bump and then we said bye. I know we can't have friendships so please don't tell me that i already know that what could it mean? i did have a dream about meeting him a while back and its seems like its happening in steps

• Author
A smile and a wave is a friendly greeting. I'd do it to any friend who's too far away to speak with.

okay but we were far we were standing across from each other

okay but we were far we were standing across from each other

It's still a friendly greeting. Perhaps with a hammy edge as you were close.

• Author

I said thatb because yes i do work at the school and he is one of the students but i am not sure about the frienships thats why i said it and that would be my guess. Also i know i am not allow to give out email or phone numbers

It could also just be casual greetings. Teachers and students that got along well in my schools did it all the time. Waving at someone and smiling is like, standard greeting for people that know each other. Not every gesture has to carry hidden meanings....just saying.

i am not and i have no idea if he is or not

Are you sure?

You're 23, and I'm sure you've had friendly interactions with guys. You know what that looks like. But, the fact that you're posting here and asking the question, and dreaming about this guy, infers it's... something else. Sometimes people come to realizations through experiences, and your age could be a time for such.

It could also simply be a person you naturally vibe with. You're the one with the feelings... be honest with yourself as to what kind of feelings these are. No one here can tell you.

• Author
Are you sure?

You're 23, and I'm sure you've had friendly interactions with guys. You know what that looks like. But, the fact that you're posting here and asking the question, and dreaming about this guy, infers it's... something else. Sometimes people come to realizations through experiences, and your age could be a time for such.

It could also simply be a person you naturally vibe with. You're the one with the feelings... be honest with yourself as to what kind of feelings these are. No one here can tell you.

Yes i am sure i just wanted to meet him which i did but we don't know each other names

I said thatb because yes i do work at the school and he is one of the students but i am not sure about the frienships thats why i said it and that would be my guess. Also i know i am not allow to give out email or phone numbers

If he is a student at the school where you are an adult employee, you need to forget about this. You will be labeled a pedophile if you pursue this.

• Author
If he is a student at the school where you are an adult employee, you need to forget about this. You will be labeled a pedophile if you pursue this.

we only say hi and fist bump

• 3 weeks later...
we only say hi and fist bump

If he’s under 18 you need to avoid him at all cost. I don’t know if you’re in the US, but if you are and things escalate, you could totally end up labeled as a sex offender and have to register every time you move for the rest of your life and have all kinds of other restrictions.

Plus, he’s in school. That should be a safe place for him where he’s free of adults trying to have sex with him. I know you are far from having sex with him, with a fist bump being your most intimate contact, but anything more intimate than that is just plain creepy if you’re having romantic/sexual thoughts about him.