I should be relieved but I am sad

angelokat75

I had a guy best friend for three years. I enjoyed his company. I developed feelings for him but he was the one who wanted to keep it as friends only. He was very clear about that. This was two years ago. I was cool with it. I was dating and he was very protective of me and very inquisitive on who I was dating and saying I was rushing into things when I was dating. I felt this was none of his business since he was my friend he had no say in the matter anyway. I would never said that to him of course. I kept that to myself. We would go to breakfast and fish. We had fun together. Never crossed the line. Never got physical. About three weeks ago things changed. He started talking about wanting to do this FWB thing which I am not in to. I have told him that I am very in to my feelings type of person and I catch feelings easily and he knows that. I did have one FWB relationship that happened to my first and last FWB relationship. This guy now does not even like to hug me so there is no way I would ever even try to do this with him. He embarrassed the heck out of me. I tried to hug him like I would my grandma and his body language told me I was repulsive and he could not stand me at all! I don't even think he knew what he did. He pushed me away:( I think he was wanting to use me as a rebound anyways because he went out with someone the night before and he is stuck on her. He also said when we get together as FWB I am going to let him do what he wants to do to me.

Edited by angelokat75
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait so he asked you for fwb, you said no, then he wouldn’t even hug you? Ugh. Probably because you rejected him. You may not see it that way, but he does. Have a talk with him and tell him you can’t do that with him as long as you guys want to maintain the friendship. Would you want more if he asked for more, ie., a relationship?

• Author

The hug part was before he asked about the FWB. It’s been almost a month since I’ve spoken to him and I really thought he might try to reach out. I was the one reaching out to make plans and honestly I’m kind of embarrassed about it now. He should have been making plans and calling me not the other way around. I think I’ll give him his space and see what happens. He hasn’t asked for space but he hasn’t contacted me so obviously doesn’t miss me. If he wouldn’t have asked about the FWB and asked to date him definitely I would have said yes

• Author
He sounds very immature. Perhaps give him a call in a week or two and casually ask what’s up?

In a way I want to and in a way I’m afraid to because I do feel I hurt him by rejecting him but he has known me long enough to know I’m not into casual dating. He friend zoned me two years ago so I’m not sure why he’s being such a jerk about this. I will let him make the effort to contact me. He never put effort in contacting me. I was the one always contacting him first so he got used to that