would you tell somebody this?

darkmoon

So this ex-friend of mine is out of my life for good. Two years of quietly putting up with dominance and now I realize I am better off without her. She just can not help her nature. She dumped me in anger, for a second time, and I never took her back though she expected me to. I know she is a narcissist, having studied her and listened to therapists. Good riddance.

I am friends with a mutual friend. And here is the part I want to tell …

When my ex-friend first joined our group, 5 years ago, she did not like the mutual friend and told one of our group (sadly deceased now, but our much-loved gang leader) not to bring her along. We wanted her there. The ex did not.

The dominant ex-friend has kind of taken over as leader, in that she likes to organise dinners when we all meet on birthdays. Meh, I know them all anyway. She only knew a few of us. Anyway, the ex-friend got everybody's phone numbers for the next dinner at our mutual friend's birthday. and our mutual friend does not mind this, though I would.

I am aware that the ex-friend wants to broaden her social life using the birthday dinners. I question my motives too. But I do not like her. She contacts our mutual friend every few months. I contact her once/twice a week and visit her.

So do I tell her that the ex-friend did not want to know her and/or uses her?

Edited by darkmoon
So do I tell her that the ex-friend did not want to know her and/or uses her?

No. This could cause you to look negative. I think it's best just not to say anything.