How do you say goodbye?

I’m resigning in a week after 5 years of working in the same company and I don’t know how to break it to my workmates. None of them know that I’m only rendering my remaining days. After I gave my resignation, I asked the HR to keep it between us. My colleagues and I organize meet Latin tours and in all our years of attending those tours, we’ve created a lot of memories together. It breaks my heart leaving all of them but I really feel like it’s time to spread my wings. How do you say goodbye to your closest friends? This is my first job and they’re the first people I befriended at work. Please help me out.

if you are able to visit them or go on the tours in the future then focus on that. it's not a final goodbye, you will drop in for lunch or meet them after work for a drink.

Co-worker friendships can be great, work is a great place to meet new friends and form bonds. But what happens when you are no longer working with them?

Makes you start to wonder... can we remain friends outside of work, or is their contact list already full? Are you only friends because you work together or would you have become friends if you happened to live next door to them? Do they feel the same way about you or will it just be very awkward if you invite them into your post co-worker life? Why do I hate raisins except in Raisin Bran?

These questions need answering but before you make a decision, head to Youtube and listen to "you've got a friend" by James Taylor. Not sure how that will help, but I just like that song :)

If they're friends, then I assume you already have their cell phone info. Just tell them before leaving that you don't want to miss them and will be calling them to get together in the next few weeks. Then do it. Don't be surprised if one or two don't follow through. Some work friends are fickle.