Was my invitation wushy/washy

ShaneMcCaw

I invited my buddy from work to my birthday dinner she barely hangs out with me but i wanted her to come to share this big day for me , i told her about last month but i couldn’t decide on which weekend it was. and she asked me when was it and i told her last month that i haven’t set a date yet.. two days ago i finally decided on a date and i texted her and told her i got a date for my birthday dinner it’s the 24th of August and I’m not sure if you want to come or not but you’re more than welcome to come. She responded “hey how is your day going so far, i might can come i will let you know”

I feel as though my invitation was worded badly i might be overthinking it

Don’t say to someone, “I’m not sure if you want to come” or “you are more than welcome to”. Just say “my birthday dinner is this date, I’d love for you to come.” Esp if this someone you’re interested in.

• Author
Don’t say to someone, “I’m not sure if you want to come” or “you are more than welcome to”. Just say “my birthday dinner is this date, I’d love for you to come.” Esp if this someone you’re interested in.

Not interested in . She’s my work friend and I’d love for her to come she doesn’t get out much we’re both females

SunnyWeather

I'm having a very hard time understanding your post, so I'm going to surmise that yes, it was your wording.

• Author
I'm having a very hard time understanding your post, so I'm going to surmise that yes, it was your wording.

I’m having a birthday dinner and i mentioned it to my coworker a month ago and she asked me initially when was it but i hasn’t set a date when i first mentioned it...

Two days ago i finally picked a date and told her about it

It was a little awkwardly worded, but no reason she would be offended by it. You invited her, so hope she comes. If she doesn't, it won't be because of that!