A childhood Friend,

knockout33

I found a friend of mine on facebook from childhood. I remember him from grade 4 and 5. I just kind of remember him as weird as it sounds and thought maybe he had facebook and turns out he does. We hung out a few times, but he doesn't text me unless I text him. And some of the time I text, he doesn't answer. I feel like he doesn't think much of me, we were suppose to go to the movies and he asked me. But when I asked him when, he doesn't have a day available for us to go. He'd rather hang out with his other friends and talk to them basicly. He only chills with me if it's maybe he has nothing to do, he doesn't think of me as a friend really. Atleast that's how I feel. So and I asked him about the movies and he said he made plans way before. So Im like a back up to hang out with. I haven't text him since this and neither he text me. I think of him sometimes and feel it's kind of sad since I know him since childhood and even though he might not remember me, its not an excuse. Im not sure if I should delete his number. I think I should and just forget him. I remember we used to play on the playground and that. If I went anywhere with my mom and he saw me, he'd say hi even if I don't see him. So I feel in a way now as an adult, and plus when I added him on facebook he kept asking how'd I find him. It was as if he found it weird or bothersome. What should I do delete his number from my phone? Or still text him but once in a while? I think he'll hang out with me but only if he's not doing anything. I feel used in some way. Communication is suppose to go both ways, but it's like Im the one having to always text to even just say hi.

Edited by knockout33

You can delete him if you like. You are clearly more invested in trying to resurrect the friendship then he is.

I will share with you that there are people on my FB feed I have known since grade school but pretty much haven't seen or talked to since. When I first got my account & they popped up as "people you may know" I clicked "add a friend". They accepted but that ended the interaction.

Not every body you ever met is going to stay active in your life.

• Like 1
JohnSmith1207pl

I've found my friend from childhood too. I thought it would be great and fun! But you know - life is brutal. So was it this time too. We're different people right now and can't stand each other. If I could choice now, I would rather not write to him...

If he's a guy and you're a girl, he may remember you as "the girl who used to pester me" or something juvenile. Anyway, he's not interested, so lose his contact info.

Always remember that "friend" on Facebook translates to "acquaintance". Don't make the mistake of thinking that FB 'friends' will all act as real friends.

• Like 1
I found a friend of mine on facebook from childhood. I remember him from grade 4 and 5.

What is the advantage of befriending someone you knew from decades ago as opposed to the people around you in your current life? I just don't get it, those conversations reminiscing about kickball don't seem that compelling...

Mr. Lucky

CautiouslyOptimistic
What is the advantage of befriending someone you knew from decades ago as opposed to the people around you in your current life?

Can't you do both? I'm Facebook friends with a lot of people from my childhood. It's interesting to me to see how their lives turned out and interact with them, even if it's just occasionally. Some folks would have no interest in this. To each their own.