lost friendship

hi everyone, im posting here hoping that someone can give me some advice with my issue.

I met a girl at the university some months ago and she taking the same course as mine quickly we became friend and in a short lapse of time we became closed friend. she liked it when i tease her and we care for each other. although there were only some 6 month friendship between us, she became someone very special for me and i know it's vice versa and her smile when she smile the world around me stop for a moment, eventually i always try my best to make smile and she knows that i loved her smile.

Everything was fine till the day we organize a surprise birthday party for another friend which was a very memorable day and has helped to strengthen our relationship we make a photo together with my head resting on her shoulder and she claimed publicly that was the most beautifull selfie of the day. The journey end at the bowling and we all go home. Later everyone was sharing photos of the day on our group chat, there were tons of photos and there was a blurred photography of her playing bowling which i used to make a silly joke on the same group chat which i deleted immediately for respect to another friend in that group but that was too late seh saw what i've written

After that she leave the group and remove her photo with me off her social web and messaging me saying that i've hurt her and that i destroy our relationship. i try to apologize and keep saying to her that what i've said was just a joke but in vain, she doesn't wanted to hear anything from me. I would never think that she would take that joke at the first degree may be its because it was on a group chat. At that time i was down i know that i've done something wrong and would never see her smile.

I've try everything i can but all was in vain she doesn't take my call and we are on holidays the only way for me to comunicate with her is via text messages thank god that sometimes she reply. There was a day where the all class were convoked at the univercity i came early and i was afraid of her reaction, when she saw me she look at me angrilly and i saw fire in her eyes which make me feel guilty knoeing that i've done something really wrong. I've try to get alone to talk to her as the rest of the class doesn't know what has happen or may she has it with someone in the class, but in vain.

She asked me to give her time in order for her to forget what have happen but all i want is that she know that my intention was not to hurt her. I've never fight for a girl before and damn she's just a friend. This incident has happen a month ago, the last time she reply my text was may be 16 day ago she asked me how was my day and i reply that i was thinking about her and i was mad with myself for what i've done she asked me to repend and i asked how she said thats for me to find out.

holidays end up in a month and now i don't know how to react in front of her the only thing i want is that she forgive me and that everything returned as normal.

if someone have been in the same situation please i need some advice

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

You hurt her but you apologized. If she can't accept your apology, then there is nothing you can do. Sorry.

• Like 1

I don't know what you said. It might help to know just how bad it was or if it was just silly. But you have apologized over and over, and honestly, at this point, I don't think you should apologize any more. I think she is being mean because if she was really that upset, she wouldn't be talking to you or contacting you, but she seems to just like it when you beg. So stop begging and ignore her for awhile. If she contacts you, don't apologize again. Just say you've been busy. If she acts like a baby, tell her, Look, I apologized. If you're going to keep contacting me, you need to say you accept my apology and put it behind us.

• Like 2

she says give her time, so just do that, and learn that not all jokes are funny (yours in this case)